FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having an issue after creating a rainbow flashing effect on a video.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Archer
Having an issue after creating a rainbow flashing effect on a video.
on Apr 6, 2015 at 9:10:22 pm

I have made a rainbow flash effect on a video that runs at a precise moment on the video. It's taking the mick out of a piece of CGI. As the bad CGI takes place (say the CGI was 10 seconds) then the flashing effect lasts for that same time. the problem is that after the effect finishes it makes the rest of my video go black.

I'm completely stumped. This happens even after I go Compositing Mode and change it to Multiply (Mask). Here is a screenshot of the thing I am talking about.

An image that shows the beginning of the effect taking place.

http://i.imgur.com/d4cmdlB.png

After the effect has finished the rest of the video goes black.

http://i.imgur.com/OmmfqNu.png

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Sorry if it's a silly question.

Cameron

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Having an issue after creating a rainbow flashing effect on a video.
on Apr 7, 2015 at 4:56:56 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:01:52 am

[Cameron Archer] "After the effect has finished the rest of the video goes black."
Cameron, unless you have something below on Track6 and below that, this is what you'd get - your Cursor is at the end of that Event. I'd need to see what is below T6 on your Timeline to make an assessment. What is that Event on T1? Where is the Flashing FX that Event?

Cameron, looking at the Timelines I need more visual info to assess.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 7, 2015 at 11:29:53 am
Last Edited By Cameron Archer on Apr 7, 2015 at 11:52:49 am

Thanks for the reply Graham, I'm at College at the moment so I wont be able to screenshot it right now but I will do so as soon as I get home.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 7, 2015 at 2:36:30 pm

7-19

http://i.imgur.com/PJgr4BP.png

20-32

http://i.imgur.com/1bfH9pL.png

33-36

http://i.imgur.com/u7lEU39.png

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 8, 2015 at 5:06:59 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 8, 2015 at 5:23:28 am

The purpose of showing your timeline, with respect to your issue, is for I and others to be able to audit just what is happening to your video, at the exact point when you apprehend that black scene. I understood that your issue manifested itself at the end of the 47 second event. Yes?

You have to present a vertical slice of the same T/C. This is now even more important as you have indicated that you have some 36 Tracks. As a result I am presently unable to locate anything that is located from the 00:00:00,00, which in one of your "grabs" you have your Cursor at. This wouldn't tell me much at all.

So, make sure you have your cursor is positioned at the ISSUE T/C and that your screen grabs include the 36 Tracks positions and their FXs clearly visible. Of course, expanding the T/L horizontally, so that those tiny slivers of Events can be seen, should really help too.

Clearly you have a most complex project. Wrangling-out just WHERE and WHY you have that issue will require a bit more careful auditing than you have presented thus far.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:39:32 pm
Last Edited By Cameron Archer on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:43:34 pm

Here is the list of all my tracks.

http://i.imgur.com/Bmiichf.png

Still got a ton of stuff to add to it yet but as soon as this issue is fixed I will carry on with that.

Thanks for the help so far.

Cameron.

Also here is a more zoomed in image showing the effect a bit more.

http://i.imgur.com/iw54x9l.png

Sorry if I am a bit of a novice at this by the way. Still very new to Vegas.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 8, 2015 at 3:16:32 pm

[Cameron Archer] "Sorry if I am a bit of a novice at this by the way. Still very new to Vegas."
Not a problem . . we all had to start somewhere!

From a first viewing I don't see why your Event End goes BLACK. I can see that on T36 you have Media - yes? Please confirm that you haven't got a Control on that T36 that at that point is doing something to go black?

OK, please tell why you have ALL those Video Tracks from T3 down? Is there a reason for them to be sprinkled down through the Project? I can count at least 25 that don't appear to have to have any Controls lashed to them, in which case you could reduce ALL those 25 Tracks down to 1 Track. But I may be wrong.

OK, you have a Compositing Control on T1. What is it?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 8, 2015 at 4:10:56 pm

Nope I haven't got a control on the T36. That was just the music that came with the unedited video. I didn't put a control on it.

Yeah to be honest this is probably down to my relatively new start at Vegas. You're right I probably can move most of them onto one track.

The composting control on T1 is Multiply (Mask) because without that the rainbow effect just flashes between all of the various colours. But when Multiply (Mask) isn't on it doesn't make the rest of my video go black. It's only as soon as I turn on Multiply (Mask) the effect works in tandem with the video but as soon as it gets past the effect the rest of the video goes black.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 8, 2015 at 9:17:33 pm

Apologies. I meant T35.

I'll review, again, tomorrow.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 8, 2015 at 10:51:52 pm

Yeah T35 doesn't have a control either,

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Apr 9, 2015 at 12:04:48 pm

Perhaps you can tell us too, how you have created this effect. And is it a track based effect or only on the event itself? This would certainly help I think.

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 9, 2015 at 2:17:22 pm

Basically I just created it by going to media generator. Dragging in a colour and putting it on a 3 frame split between each colour like this.

http://i.imgur.com/EksCNYX.png

I'd then save it as a .VEG file and drag it onto the video. Yeah it's a track based effect.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 10, 2015 at 5:42:47 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 10, 2015 at 5:44:26 am

I have now setup a simpler, 2 Track version of your Project.

Track 1 Nested Veg Rainbow

Track 2 Video

Applied Multiply (Mask) to T1

I really have to ask you, what do you see before the 00:00:47,00?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Cameron Archer
on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:01:19 pm

Before the 47 second mark it is all black as well. With only the images placed on the timeline being visible.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 10, 2015 at 8:59:17 pm

And that's exactly how it should work. If you want T35 to appear BEFORE and AFTER add a top level track and spilt the Event on T35 and place it before and after too. This way the compositing of that T1 track is now limited to T2.

However, I'm thinking that there is a better, neater and altogether saner way of doing this.

Vegas is behaving as it should.

Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]