FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering (or putting) multiple "Scenes" in just one Vegas Project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pablo piccox
Rendering (or putting) multiple "Scenes" in just one Vegas Project
on Apr 2, 2015 at 1:51:05 pm

Hi there guys at the great cow!

I am a Vegas 3 user... and I am editing my film now...
The thing is that, in order to make it more " flexible" i just edting every scene in separate projects.. so each time i have to load it doesn't take sooo long..

the thing is.. is that alright? Is there a good way to do it? how have you done this?

So.. the problem I have now is that i have to merge or put every single project on a bigger one... Is that alright? Do I need to render them? Have to just drag the project file to the "all movie container" project?

Any other way to do it?
Can I render in TIFF sequence?

What do you think?

Hope you're ok!!!!

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Rendering (or putting) multiple "Scenes" in just one Vegas Project
on Apr 2, 2015 at 2:43:00 pm

Did you really mean Vegas 3?
What's the format of your source footage?
I can't remember if Vegas 3 supports nesting but, if it does, that would be one way to do it.
Start a new project, import all the veg files, drop them on your timeline and render to the format of your choice.
If that doesn't work, then render each scene out to as high a quality format as you can (depends on your source footage), import each rendered scene into a new project and render your master film.

Return to posts index

pablo piccox
on Apr 2, 2015 at 3:19:12 pm

Thanks Mike!

Sorry I meant Vegas 13!
Erm.. "Nesting" means son importing all the Vegas Files into one Project?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 2, 2015 at 3:53:02 pm

No problem Pablo. I was hoping it was just a typo :)
Yes, nesting means importing a veg file into a new or existing project and is one of the things Vegas does very well.
It's my opinion that this would be the best method of doing a master render of your film.
Be advised that Vegas creates a new file (sfapo or something like that) any time you nest a project and this will take some time, depending on the length and complexity of the project being nested.
Also be advised that a nested veg comes in as a single video track and stereo audio track, no matter how many tracks the source project was.
You can still edit a nested file by right-clicking it and choosing Edit in Vegas (project.veg). The selected project will open in a new instance of Vegas. Make your changes and save it. The existing nested file will be automatically updated to reflect your changes.
Have fun and don;t be afraid to come back and ask any questions you might have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]