FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 11 silently crashing when rendering to DVDA PAL template

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nigel O'Neill
Vegas 11 silently crashing when rendering to DVDA PAL template
on Mar 31, 2015 at 11:25:45 am

Hi, I am editing a multicam project whilst on vacation (as you do) using SVP11 32 bit as I only have a 32 bit Windows O/S installed on my laptop with 1 HDD. I did a Youtube render successfully using the Vegasaur plugin and then did a MPEG2 DVDA render, which I had to interrupt when it was around 60% complete. I then later returned to render out the project using my MPEG2 DVDA template, but after about 100 frames, Vegas silently crashes without an error message. I restarted the PC, same result. I then kicked off another Youtube render which is quite happily rendering away as I type this post.

I suspect that there is a partially created temporary file created during the aborted MPEG2 render process that is somehow interfering.

Question: Is there a temporary folder that Vegas uses that I can perhaps clear out (other than C:\Users\userid\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\11.0)? If so, any idea where it is?

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Vegas 11 silently crashing when rendering to DVDA PAL template
on Mar 31, 2015 at 5:45:23 pm

In the Windows 'search' prompt, type : Temp so the susytwm can find all temp folders. I'm quite sure the one that resides inside C:\Windows\System32 is the one that might be causing your issues. Delete all contents of that temp folder and try your render again.

Dave

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Vegas 11 silently crashing when rendering to DVDA PAL template
on Apr 2, 2015 at 7:52:18 am

Thanks Dave

The temp folder under system32 doesn't contain anything that looks Vegas related (it only had 1 file time stamped 2009), and the one that is under c:\windows is inaccessible to me, even with admin privilleges. Windoze will not grant me permission to this folder.

My vacation is nearly over. I'll copy the veg files to my usual editing PC and render using my 64 bit later version of Vegas.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]