FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering from sony vegas to DVD architect

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenny Agui
Rendering from sony vegas to DVD architect
on Mar 30, 2015 at 4:47:20 am

Alright, so the footage i am working with is 720x480 at 29 fps (i am a newbie at this so let me know if more information is needed. When im rendering in sony vegas i usually render out in m2ts format because the specified template of DVD architect video stream doesnt exactly give me the quality i want. So my question is, what would be the best settings to render out as so that it wont result in recompersion once i transfer it to dvd architect? Thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Rendering from sony vegas to DVD architect
on Mar 30, 2015 at 7:51:15 am

M2TS is a Blu-ray format. Regular DVD needs Mpeg2. What is your final DVD type?

Return to posts index

Jenny Agui
Re: ndering from sony vegas to DVD architect
on Mar 30, 2015 at 9:08:25 pm

Final dvd type? It would be on a standard disc if thats what you mean

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Mar 31, 2015 at 10:34:45 am

Render to MPEG-2. That's the format for all DVDs. If you aren't happy with your MPEG-2 quality (even though there's no reason it shouldn't look good unless the original footage is from a nonprofessional camera) you can increase the render bit-rate in Vegas, as well as enable two-pass rendering.

Dave

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Mar 31, 2015 at 4:47:43 pm

As Dave says, MPeg2 is the actual format for a regular DVD. Not sure why you think your original material only looks good if you render to a Blu-ray format. How did you capture the original material?

Return to posts index

Jenny Agui
on Mar 31, 2015 at 5:45:50 pm

As stated earlier, i am a complete newbie to all of this so sorry for any confusement. I was also wondering if it were possible to render out in avi. I had read in other threads that if the media was rendered out in mpeg that it would scale down even more once it was put into dvd architect

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:29:11 am

Hi Jenny. Mpeg2 is the format to make a regular DVD. Even if you render to AVI it still will convert to the correct format when DVD Arch gets to work on it. In the custom render template, tick the Two-pass box as this will give it a better chance not to lose what you think is the quality. Without seeing what the original quality looks like it is difficult as to what to suggest. Where did the original media come from?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]