FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 project file saying it is not a supported file format

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Ryan
Vegas 13 project file saying it is not a supported file format
on Mar 29, 2015 at 1:02:39 pm

Hey, first time here so sorry if I have posted in the wrong place.

So I got up today and started editing a video of multiple clips I got while in New York down from 30 minutes to a 15 minute video. After I'd finished, I had to go out so I decided to port the file over from my computer to my hard drive and then I got to my dads and tried to open the file on my laptop, it didn't work though - I moved it over to the desktop of my laptop and it still wouldn't work, this is the error I'm getting: http://gyazo.com/ebd483bbc3acd0fc33599cff5da3d124

I have no idea how it is not a 'supported file format'.

I had a look around the forums and noticed some people had other problems but I could not find mine, is it because I have moved it over to my laptop from a hard drive or what? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
Re: Vegas 13 project file saying it is not a supported file format
on Mar 29, 2015 at 4:37:22 pm
Last Edited By Bob Moyer on Mar 29, 2015 at 4:38:39 pm

Are both computers running the same version of VegasPro?

When you 'ported' the file to your hard drive, did you just copy the .veg file or did you also copy all of the clips?

Bob

Return to posts index

Josh Ryan
on Mar 29, 2015 at 4:39:08 pm

I have brought the clips with me aswell and yes they are running the same Vegas.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:57:52 pm

Assuming this is the veg file for your project, there could have been a windows problem copying the file. If, for example, you used a flash drive to transfer the file, perhaps you did not safely remove the hardware from Windows before unplugging the flash drive. That can leave an incomplete file.

Is the project still OK on your desktop at home?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]