FORUMS: list search recent posts

vegas 13 firewire

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Lewis
vegas 13 firewire
on Mar 23, 2015 at 10:01:11 pm

vegas doesn't recognize my firewire card.in the window for external preview it says 1394 not available. My computer sees it and says its ok. Im working to set up an external preview on a third monitor.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
Re: vegas 13 firewire
on Mar 24, 2015 at 1:07:48 am

You need to go to your computer settings and make sure you are using the "Legacy firewire driver". Just do a search for that on Google to get the full instructions.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Mike Lewis
on Mar 25, 2015 at 2:27:51 am

I appreciate the response but it looks like everybody is like me....i can't find where to get that driver that will work with 8.1 64 bit. all my searches seem to just get me back where i started. is there a place to get the driver download without robbing files from win 7?

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Mar 28, 2015 at 9:54:00 pm

See here:

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Mike Lewis
on Apr 4, 2015 at 2:50:09 pm
Last Edited By Mike Lewis on Apr 6, 2015 at 4:27:42 pm

Thanks Edward. I found and downloaded the IEEE 1394 legacy driver. It shows up in my device manager and I selected it and all appears ok. Vegas pro 13 still only gives me the one option and says the device is not available. The problem I think the driver isn't where vegas is looking for it or there is another file i didn't get. I copied the downloaded file to the same folder as the rest of the preview options in vegas,,,aja,,windows card. Any ideas what I'm missing now?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]