FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pan/Crop on top of Track Motion

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quentin Snow
Pan/Crop on top of Track Motion
on Mar 22, 2015 at 3:27:13 pm

I have a large number of pictures that I am looking for a unique way to display. I came across an animation template from Vegasaur (their Bungee template). It's a seperate .veg file with track motion to move the image around (I stripped out the borders and hanging lines). Initially, I've created a seperate .veg for each of these with a different picture in each one and then added those .veg files into my main master project. From there I can use the Pan/Crop on top of the .veg file to move each picture around. My goal is to have 5 or 6 images dropping in and bouncing around at a staggered time. When the first one finishes, another takes it's place. With this method, I'd end up with a ton of .veg files (75 - 100)nested inside my main project. I've had vegas 13 Crash a number of times already on me in messing with these nested .veg files so I'm not sure this is the best approach.

I've also tried putting the images on my timeline in different tracks and then doing a cut/paste on the Track Motion keyframes followed by a pan/crop on the image, however this doesn't allow me to then position the image anywhere on the screen -- it's locked to a smaller area presumably controlled by the track motion.

I've also tried rendering the stand-alone .veg files, but then I have a black background and can't seem to figure out how to get the Alpha Channel during render to ungrey (have tried .mfx and .avi renders).

I'm really new to Vegas and video editing, so I'm hoping there is a better way to do something of this nature or maybe even a template already created to display pictures in some unique ways.

Sorry for the long winded explaination. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Pan/Crop on top of Track Motion
on Mar 23, 2015 at 7:20:08 am

Take a look at this:
http://vasst.com/store/vasst-software/scattershot-3d.aspx

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: Pan/Crop on top of Track Motion
on Mar 24, 2015 at 3:34:03 am

After rendering uncompressed .avi, you have to set the alpha channel settings > Right Click on the event in your timeline>Properties>Alpha Channel>Straight (unmatted).
Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]