FORUMS: list search recent posts

A way to mix multiples clips from differents tracks together ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothée Ferreol
A way to mix multiples clips from differents tracks together ?
on Mar 18, 2015 at 10:17:58 pm

Hey !

First, I am not a beginner at Vegas, I've been using it a lot, so it's quite likely that what I am looking for may imply the use a script.
I simply have footage from 2 cameras and I'm sick of ctrl x Ctrl V all the time in order to mix the footage from one track to an other. I would like to find a way to automaticaly add all the clips from one track to an other. I don't want them to be put randomly but just so that they go all in between every clips on the track
Do you get what I mean ;) ? Sorry if I am not clear, the problem is pretty simple though.

Thank you in advance, if you can help me ;)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: A way to mix multiples clips from differents tracks together ?
on Mar 19, 2015 at 4:48:22 am

[Timothée Ferreol] " I would like to find a way to automaticaly add all the clips from one track to an other. I don't want them to be put randomly but just so that they go all in between every clips on the track"
OK, if I understand you correctly then what you have now is this:-

And what you want is this:-

If this is the case then Select all the Events on Track 2 and hit the UP Arrow on the Numeric KeyPad.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on Mar 19, 2015 at 11:00:14 pm

Thank you very much for the quick answer with the pictures. I really appreciate it ;)
That's a nice and usefull shortcut, I didn't know it, and I am gonna use it for sur, nevertheless this not what I am typical looking for.
Basically, this is exactly what you described, but on the first picture I did not create the gaps (and hell I don't want to spend times creating them ^^).
Do you think there is a way to obtain picture 2 without creating the gaps of picture 1 ?
Because when I use up arrow on my numeric keypad, it just moves the clips on the other clips, not in between.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 20, 2015 at 4:27:10 am

Please post a ScreenGrab of what you are starting with.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Mar 20, 2015 at 7:53:47 am

You can do it with Vegasaur: Place all the clips on one track and sort them chronologically

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:09:29 am
Last Edited By Timothée Ferreol on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:11:00 am

Yeah I don't have Vegasaur but from the description they give it seems to be exactly what I want ! Thank you very much (I just have to make sure the timecode of my medias are right ;)

And Here is what I had :

Here is what I want :

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Mar 20, 2015 at 12:01:58 pm
Last Edited By Jorma Nippala on Mar 20, 2015 at 12:07:05 pm

Would using the Project Media window Details view, arranging the Modified column, clicking the upper left corner and importing all to a new track be an option too?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 20, 2015 at 1:19:20 pm

So, essentially you're doing a 2-Camera Edit? Yes?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on Mar 20, 2015 at 2:06:30 pm

Yep, I'm doing a 2 camera edit, exactly this ;)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 21, 2015 at 5:58:23 am

Erm? When I've done the Vegas 2-Camera edit, I can click on the Button and all the edited work folds back into one track. Are you using this option? There are several 3Party plugs for multi-camera editing.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on Mar 21, 2015 at 6:12:53 pm

Thanks for the answers guys I appreciate it a lot !
I do use the multi-camera editing option (very handy btw) when the 2 cameras are rolling all the time and shooting the exact same subject, like for an interview but this is absolutely not the case here.
My clips are mainly composed of b roll.
Jorma Nippala this is a great idea too, I don't know why I never thought about it before ! I Love it ! Am gonna save a lot of time thanks to your suggestions guys ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]