FORUMS: list search recent posts

>MOV files on Vegas 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Billings
>MOV files on Vegas 12
on Mar 12, 2015 at 2:38:26 pm

Some Canon C100 footage was supplied to me and the files are MOV. Only the audio plays on my Vegas 12 timeline. I can see picture also when using Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player on my Windows 7 computer.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Robert Billings

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: >MOV files on Vegas 12
on Mar 12, 2015 at 3:44:38 pm

Are you sure it is camera original footage? What does MediaInfo (http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) say it is? C100 is just AVCHD at 24MBS, with the options to record in log mode, but you would see an image. What version of Vegas? It could have been recorded to an external recorder in a different format, or converted by someone to another format.

Return to posts index

Robert Billings
on Mar 12, 2015 at 7:03:22 pm

I'm in the process of contacting the person that sent me the video. I'm pretty sure it is not camera original footage, as the files are .mov. I am editing on Vegas 12.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Mar 12, 2015 at 8:21:57 pm

We really need to know what formats are in the MOV file. The MediaInfo utility previously mentioned will let us know.

If you have Quicktime installed. The bottom line is with these MOV files being given to you is that they contain some video and/or audio format not supported by the default Quicktime installation.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Mar 13, 2015 at 5:55:08 am

You do not really need Quicktime installed to read AVC.mov files from dslr or other cameras that read it. If the files were converted to another format with quicktime, then you may need quicktime to read them. I really do not see any problems with having quicktime installed. In fact I think you should have Quicktime and Avid's DNxHD codec pack installed, for compatibility with a wide range of media formats.

If you go to properties for the media in Vegas, you should see:

Plug-In
Name: compoundplug.dll
Folder: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\compoundplug
Format: Sony AVC
Version: Version 13.0 (Build 428) 64-bit
Company: Sony Creative Software Inc.

for AVCHD encoded files from cameras that store this method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]