FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to trace letters and use particles

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Ross
How to trace letters and use particles
on Mar 12, 2015 at 4:59:47 am

I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0 and I am trying to find out how to create a title/intro that will outline the letters of the words, have particles (like welding) following the outlining and once done...keep the letter outlines glowing. I have been looking online for all night and cannot find anything. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

Russ

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to trace letters and use particles
on Mar 12, 2015 at 7:45:06 am

Eh? No wonder you were up all night! IMHO, I think you'd be really struggling.

I have Particle Illusion and Vegas Pro. I can think of many ways I could do it with my rig and the FX-ing I have. But to reinvent welding sparks in MSVP, not so much. Now, if you DID have some stock footage of welding sparks, then IMO you'd have a way forward in MSVP. - The easy bit is the GLOW outline at the end.....

If you wish I could possibly fang-dangle some sparks, fire, smoke in Particle Illusion for you. Save it with a transparent back ground. If you're still interested?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 12, 2015 at 11:41:09 am

Mr. Graham, anything that you can/would help me with is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much. I only mentioned welding, but I was unsure of the video creation terminology that I was looking for (I guess particles would've sufficed). I was looking to get new software, like PI and Vegas Pro, but I am only starting to dabble with this stuff, and I do not have the $ right now to get them.....I have the picture that I want to trace out (the "M" first then "Cougars") attached below. Is this doable with the Vegas Pro & PI? Do you recommend a certain website to go to in order to learn to do this? Thank you again for your response and your time.

Russ

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 12, 2015 at 5:56:37 pm

[Russell Ross] " Thank you again for your response and your time."
Hmmm..

I think you need to be careful about messing with that Corporate Logo, before you do anything else.

G

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 12, 2015 at 9:13:37 pm

It is our logo. :)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 13, 2015 at 8:49:15 am

[Russell Ross] "It is our logo. :)"
Who is the "us"? And do/would you have permission to adapt it? Do you have it in writing? - I do this stuff for a living and I have to make sure all the options for somebody getting "upset" and possibly litigious have to be recognized and taken seriously.

O...K... Back to the creative side of things.

Question: What does "welding" and sparks have to do with Munford and/or the Cougars? Yes, it is a real nice HEAVY concept that shows you are uop there with all the other "also-runs" - But don't yah wanna stand out and be responsive to the Munford-Cougar Concept? If so I do have one . . .oh yes . . . .

Grazie

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 13, 2015 at 4:37:43 pm

I am the VP of our local high school booster club and the image is for the school. It has absolutely nothing to do with "welding and sparks". I seen an intro video online and thought that it would be awesome to see a blank screen (on our video board) and then see the image traced out and come to fruition as an intro or conclusion to our team entering the field. And yes, I am interested in what you have or any other recommendations.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 13, 2015 at 8:03:01 pm

Russell can you get me the layered version of the "Cougars" logo? as well as the "M"?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 14, 2015 at 4:10:38 am

How do you want me to send it to you?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 14, 2015 at 5:37:44 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Mar 14, 2015 at 9:13:21 am

Try the same way that you used to post that "M"? I can't think of any other way.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 14, 2015 at 3:45:37 pm

I did not create it, another member of our booster club did, I will see if I can get it from him. All I have is jpeg and png. What format do you prefer I ask him for?

Russ

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 15, 2015 at 7:13:44 am

[Russell Ross] "I did not create it, another member of our booster club did, I will see if I can get it from him."
Russell, as you didn't create it, along with the advice from the other Russ I'm not going to be able to go further.

Best regards

Grazie

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 15, 2015 at 4:39:13 pm

Mr. Bernard, and if I can get it in writing from him and provide to you....? Will you be able to help me?

Russ

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Mar 16, 2015 at 5:41:25 am

[Russell Ross] "if I can get it in writing from him and provide to you....? Will you be able to help me?
"

If you provide proper permission to use the logo, I'm certain someone will help you.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Russell Ross
on Mar 17, 2015 at 4:02:18 am

Mr. Bernard, the local graphic artist company told me that it is not theirs and that they assisted our high school graphic design class in creating this logo for a school project; since this is a product of the school project there are no legal concerns (since I am working for the school)...

Russ

Return to posts index

Jay Allen
on Mar 17, 2015 at 1:31:19 pm

Boris CC can do this tracing welding effect. There are tutorials showing how to do this. The problem is, there is no way of making the spline in vegas. this is why the tutorial i watched was done in after effects.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Mar 12, 2015 at 3:34:12 pm

That is most likely After Effects, or a particle effect in a 3D app like Blender, Maya, or 4D.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Mar 14, 2015 at 2:32:56 pm

Russ this is Russ,

[Russell Ross] "I am the VP of our local high school booster club"

I'm with Grazzie on this point. Do you have the rights in writing, if not you are setting yourself up for a lawsuit. It is as my lawyer always states. "Let's get it in writing while we are still friends"

[Aaron Star] "That is most likely After Effects, or a particle effect in a 3D app like Blender, Maya, or 4D."

What about Fusion, it's free.

Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]