excluding one or more plugins from being scanned on startup

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Merrill
excluding one or more plugins from being scanned on startup
on Mar 6, 2015 at 4:33:25 am

Hello,

So, vegas constantly crashes when scanning Slate Digital VBC-MU.dll

I use this plugin a LOT in my other DAW, reaper. I will not ditch it.

Is there a way to make vegas just pass over this plugin on startup? I have to delete and restore it every time.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: excluding one or more plugins from being scanned on startup
on Mar 6, 2015 at 9:02:49 am

[Jason Merrill] "So, vegas constantly crashes when scanning Slate Digital VBC-MU.dll"
Hmmm...

You'll be aware that Vegas and the other SONY DAW products aren't officially supported by Slate Digital. Maybe they should be and a product suggestion would be in order.

However if you want to remove it from a VP bootup, and if it is a VST - yes? - you could always try deleting it from the VST Scan in the Preferences > VST Effects of Vegas, and try that? I've had naughty VSTs and just unchecked them in the VST Scan.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Mar 6, 2015 at 11:45:37 am

You can simply try un-checking it in the VST Effects tab
in Preferences.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Eddie Macarthur
on Mar 6, 2015 at 12:26:15 pm
Last Edited By Eddie Macarthur on Mar 6, 2015 at 1:47:10 pm

simple way; move slate or other offending vst plugins .ddl files (and any associated presets etc.) to a new folder (example; c:program files/ isolated vst plugins). make sure that vegas is scanning the "normal" vst plugins folder so you can continue to use vst plugins that DO work. then in reaper, go to preferences and add the new vst plugins folder to the existing and restart. this way, both programs can use all of your plugins safely.

System; intel i72600k 3.4GHZ, 16GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit. Vegas Pro 11 latest build, Neat Video 3.01. EVGA GTX460 SC graphics

Stealth Recording Studio, Glasgow, Scotland UK
http://www.stealthrecordingstudio.com

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Mar 6, 2015 at 2:05:46 pm

ughh i was afraid I'd have to do this... oh well. I know this will work, I just wish there was a better way in which I don't have to disrupt the structure of my plugins...

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Mar 6, 2015 at 2:03:12 pm

the problem with this approach and the one below is that I can't even get Vegas to start up... so I can't get that far. :( thank you both, though.

Return to posts index

Eddie Macarthur
on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:53:56 pm

you don't disrupt your plugins. you are simply moving the plugin to a new folder that vegas can't see, then telling reaper where it is. try it. it's easy. and you can undo. ed

System; intel i72600k 3.4GHZ, 16GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit. Vegas Pro 11 latest build, Neat Video 3.01. EVGA GTX460 SC graphics

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Mar 6, 2015 at 6:04:45 pm

well, it kind of does - having one folder to install into is a convenience, so is the fact that my plugin folder gets backed up to dropbox. Oh well.

It's not a day ruiner, just an unneeded disruption caused by sony or slate.

Return to posts index

Eddie Macarthur
on Mar 6, 2015 at 9:18:10 pm

not a day ruiner? it's something you do once, then it's done! there is no magic one click solution. follow the steps outlined and it will work. or spend a while asking and waiting for slate tech support to fix it, which seems unlikely given that vegas will be very low on their list of things that matter! as for dropbox, how hard would it be to backup 2 folders instead of 1? just make the new folder, will take 5 minutes or so and you will be happy. Ed

Return to posts index

Jason Merrill
on Mar 7, 2015 at 6:24:31 am

yeah, I'm saying it wouldn't even ruin my day. It's a bit of a nuisance though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]