FORUMS: list search recent posts

HFG20 - Capture into Vegas has a 1 frame glitch

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Turnidge
HFG20 - Capture into Vegas has a 1 frame glitch
on Mar 1, 2015 at 8:35:49 pm

Used my new Canon HFG20 for the first time to capture a 1 hour service. I'm able to copy DIRECTLY from the SD card to my computer and then to Vegas without any problem...except that each of the "events" that come off the SD card are +- 1,997,274KB...Shades of XP...

This would be OK, except at the break, there is ONE FRAME that is silent/missing and also a little "tic" in the video. I have used the software that came with the camera, and the result is the same. Is this AT ALL acceptable to any of you? Granted, I spent under $1,000 for the camera. If I spend $15,000 will that take care of the problem? (Sorry, can't do that.) How do YOU get around this problem?

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: HFG20 - Capture into Vegas has a 1 frame glitch
on Mar 1, 2015 at 11:30:28 pm
Last Edited By Bob Peterson on Mar 1, 2015 at 11:37:27 pm

If you simply copied the files from your SD card to the computer, you will have this kind of problem. It essentially means that a split file has not been properly imported. My HFG30's manual describes the procedure for importing the files from the camera using the Canon software, and, although it has been awhile, I think I have used the procedure successfully.

I'm pretty sure there is a comparable capability in Vegas, but you have to go to "device explorer" to use it. Device explorer is located in the "View" tab.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 2, 2015 at 12:29:43 am

Bob is correct. If you just copied the video files from a folder on the SD card onto your hard drive, this is what's causing the problem. Always backup the entire card structure and always use the Vegas Device Explorer or another tool to properly import the video.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:05:14 am

Thank you. Never needed that before. After a bit of messing around I got it to work. Vegas is Out-Of-Sight!!!

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:48:47 pm

I use the Data import Utility to import long clips. This seams the video into on long file. Keeping the SD format will work, however if you try to name clips or use them outside of Vegas, you will have issues as there are MANY clips (all 3.97GB in length) for long shots.
For this reason I ALWAYS use Data Import Utility (there is a version 2 out that has worked great for all my Canon G10 and G30's (I have 5). I have had not had good success with going the SD card way, just my experience....

Good luck!

Best

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Mar 2, 2015 at 6:06:46 pm

Where, or what, is the Data Import Utility? I know about File -> Import and Device Explorer. Do you mean one of those?

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:38:01 pm

It is software that usually comes with the camera, it is by Pixela.

Here is a Dropbox link to where I keep mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ada0keis8dikxbk/AADlvjOPyR_DiWK6zFo2msuea?dl=0

Good luck!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]