FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect Pro 6 End Action Destination Problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kutnick
DVD Architect Pro 6 End Action Destination Problems
on Feb 23, 2015 at 6:00:24 pm

My Main Menu has two links: Play All and Chapters. I then have two pages of Chapters. All links to select the correct choice appear to be correct. I would like the screen to show the previous menu when the Top Menu or Pop-up Menu button is pressed on the DVD remote control (I don't care which one, but I can't get the popup menu button on the remote to work--maybe that is the problem?). Nevertheless, I still want to go to the previous menu on command. So if I press Play All on the Main Menu page, all of my chapters play back in order. If I press the Top Menu button, I go back to the Main Menu--so far, so good. However, if I go to either of the the two Chapters Menu pages and press ANY Chapter (and it plays), when I press the Top Menu button the screen reverts to the INITIAL MENU (Play All and Chapters)--BUT I WANT IT TO GO BACK TO THE PAGE OF THE CHAPTERS WHERE I MADE THE LAST CHAPTER SELECTION CHOICE. Please note that my End Action Destination is Most recent menu for everything.

If I edit only one of the End Action links on Page 1 of the Chapters Menu to link the destination to say, Chapters (Page 1), the link also automatically changes to this for the Play All Main Menu AND for all of the links on the Chapters Page 2.

I know this appears complicated, but it really isn't. Basically, I just want the viewer to be able to go back to the menu used to play the current selection. So if I am on Page 2 of Chapters and I select a chapter, I want to be able to press either the Top Menu OR Popup Menu (the latter of which as I stated I cannot get to work) and be shown the Page 2 of Chapters menu.

Am I making myself clear (I hope)??!!

HELP!!! Please advise on how I can make this work.

Thanks in advance to all!!

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

Rich Kutnick
Re: DVD Architect Pro 6 End Action Destination Problems
on Feb 23, 2015 at 7:20:57 pm

P.S.

FYI, what makes this most confusing is that REGARDLESS of the End Action Destination pointer used (Most recent menu, Chapters (Page 1) or Chapters (Page 2), the preview function in DVD Architect Pro looks the exact same, e.g. in preview when I press the Main Menu button on the screen "remote control" when playing back a selection from either Chapters Menu, it goes to the most recent menu (which is what I want). No difference--NADA! However, when I render the file and burn it to disc, it STILL navigates to the Top Menu (Play ALL, Chapters) when I select the Top Menu.

I know there probably is something obvious that I am doing wrong (a switch that is not activated or a button that is not ticked), BUT WHAT??!!

Thanks again!!

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

Rich Kutnick
Re: DVD Architect Pro 6 End Action Destination Problems
on Feb 24, 2015 at 3:59:41 pm

I FOUND MY ANSWERS, thanks to a colleague on another Forum.

After spending some time combing through the DVD Architect Pro 6 manual, I found this little gem near the top of page 130:

"Note: The Menu button is not supported for Blu-ray Disc projects."

End of story.

I hope that this may be of help to all of my fellow colleagues who may have had the same concerns.

So would it now be possible for this feature to be added to DVDA in the future??!!

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]