FORUMS: list search recent posts

What effect is this?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Palmer
What effect is this?
on Feb 20, 2015 at 1:26:03 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Aaron, and I've recently purchased Sony Vegas in order to learn editing skills and create YouTube videos as I wanted to bring more professional content rather than just using Camtasia. I saw this forum and that it has a friendly community and thought it would be a good forum to join if I wish to get into editing.

I found an effect on a few videos which I would loveeee to use in one of my videos but I can't find a tutorial as I have no idea what the name of the effect is.

Here is a link to a video with the effect in (the link is at 19 seconds but the effect is at about 22) I apologise if you do not like the music:

If anyone could tell me the name of the effect and possibly link me to a tutorial (if there is one on here) I would be truly greatful.

Thanks,
Aaron!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: What effect is this?
on Feb 20, 2015 at 6:11:50 pm

It looks like an RGB shift effect. One or more RGB channels separated/offset from the others.

Vegas does not have an effect like this built-in. NewBlue FX offers one but it is a part of a large effects package.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Feb 20, 2015 at 6:37:00 pm

If you Google for "RGB shift OR split OR twitch effect Vegas" you should find some tutorials that seem to use the 3D stereoscopic effect shift in Vegas. May or may not give what you want.

Return to posts index

Aaron Palmer
on Feb 21, 2015 at 12:31:22 pm

Thank you both! RGB twitch was the one! Found a plugin which makes it easy to do :3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]