FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam lags in fast forward...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Brock
Multicam lags in fast forward...
on Feb 18, 2015 at 9:14:47 pm

Hey CC,

I edit a video with two sources in Sony Vegas 12 and if I try to play at 2.25x speed, it starts to get choppy and video lag. It's not smooth at all.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Multicam lags in fast forward...
on Feb 19, 2015 at 12:37:06 pm

What is your source? AVCHD, DV or HDV? AVCHD is the most processor intensive to play back, and the only real solution is to buy a system with the fastest CPU you can afford. You really cannot edit multiple tracks of video smoothly with anything less than an high end i7 CPU. I edit 4 tracks of multicam with a mix of HDV and AVCHD video sources and my system only just keeps up. The preview is a bit laggy, and I switch between Preview Full and Draft Full

You could use a product such as Gear Shift to create proxies, or upgrade to Vegas 13 which I believe has a native capability to generate proxy files.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Feb 19, 2015 at 3:24:15 pm

In addition to telling us what format is used by the source files, you should also tell us a lot more about your computer.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Feb 20, 2015 at 5:21:50 pm

And where are you seeing the lag, preview or rendered output? In preview try a lower resolution. What happens in preview is that Vegas has to create a new i-frame for each frame displayed, and to do that it has to start from the prior i-frame then work its way up to the current frame. That takes a lot of processor horsepower to do it in real time.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]