FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Driver for [defunct?] Bella Corp Vegas DV Keyboard

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Cross
Need Driver for [defunct?] Bella Corp Vegas DV Keyboard
on Feb 18, 2015 at 5:55:22 pm

Finally got around to using the Bella DV keyboard 3.0 I ordered directly from Bella Corp (Burbank) LAST March, 2014. Jog Shuttle requires a driver that manual says you "download" from web.

Website gone, phone no longer in service, is the Company out of business?

If so any idea where I can get the driver?

Please redirect me, if Editing is not the correct place to post this issue.

dc

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
Re: Need Driver for [defunct?] Bella Corp Vegas DV Keyboard
on Feb 19, 2015 at 5:16:57 am

I used to have this keyboard. A little disappointing that, like so many, it just had painted-on keycaps that faded. And it didn't last... but I'm not very nice to my keyboards.

Anyway, I just dropped the driver here: http://www.frogpondmedia.com/dump/JSM_SetupPC_3.0_Final.exe

-Dave

Return to posts index

Richard Cross
on Feb 19, 2015 at 6:45:25 pm

That Worked, much appreciated!! I forgot to mention I'm in Windows 7.

If you have another recommended keyboard or jog/shuttle that has survived your personal testing I'm all ears.

IMO, The only worse than fading key caps is a disappearing company, so I wont be reordering these any time soon.

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:17:00 pm

If you're a Vegas user, Windows 7 is a good guess anyway. But this was the only driver I had -- if it didn't work, you weren't going to be any worse off.

I got a ShuttlePRO V2, a stand-alone shuttle controller, and a fairly ordinary keyboard (Lenovo) with its own USB jacks for shuttle and mouse. More expensive the first time around, but it's a better keyboard, and when it does die, I'm pretty sure the shuttle and mouse will not need to be replaced at the same time. Modularity!

-Dave

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Feb 20, 2015 at 5:18:10 pm

Dave, like you I am hard on keyboards. My Bella editing keyboard still works the M and N keys are completely worn out, and for someone who never learned to type, this is not good. It's not on my editing PC but I could never get the jog wheel to work. I prefer my ShuttlePro. Of course, I am left-handed and prefer the shuttle on my left.

On my editing PC, I go through three or four keyboards and mice a year. Whenever I get to MicroCenter (the only PC-like store for a hundred miles, I sure miss Fry's) I pick up a few of their $4.95 mice or keyboards so I always have some spares.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on Feb 20, 2015 at 5:24:59 pm

I never formally learned to type. But between typing all the time, and keytops wearing out, I'm pretty much touch-typing at this point. You know, you do something for 40 years or so, you may eventually get the hang of it.

I use the ShuttlePro on the left, too. That doesn't get enough abuse to be in need of repair any time soon. I usually use a gaming mouse. They cost a bit more, but they're rugged, mouse and cable, high resolution (I'm working across three screens), and they include a set of weights, so you can make the mouse heavier if you like, which is kind of a good thing.

For the keyboard, I just want something with good action. Too many of them feel like the keys are supported by gumdrops.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Richard Cross
on Feb 21, 2015 at 6:51:15 pm

I'm not in the Profession but for various reasons I've arrived at nearly the same configuration as Dave.

A Logitech gaming mouse (wired) G500. And my favorite Keyboard for the past 20 years a Keytronic original design (not the low profile version) Only available online. For me, Just the right hand arch and Key spring pressure and never had worn key marking. But when things go to china...

Now It seems it would have been more reliable and less cost to simply add a ShuttlePro rather than buy the now defunct Bella Corp keyboard.

Despite Dave's driver listing Vegas 8 (I'm on 9) I cant get the Shuttle to work. It seems stuck on Mouse Wheel and only zooms but that's probably error on my part.

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on Feb 21, 2015 at 9:36:22 pm

Hmmm... I actually have that very same mouse, the G500. I suppose I chose it because I trust Logitech, and as well, it's one of the few gaming mice I found that didn't look like it might belong to a 15 year old kid.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Richard Cross
on Feb 24, 2015 at 3:32:31 am
Last Edited By Richard Cross on Feb 24, 2015 at 3:36:12 am

Now that the Shuttle works after "fix" below, it only gives me a -2.0 to 2.00 range. Is that the same for the Shuttle Pro?. The Vegas Shuttle slider gives -20.00 to 20.00. I'd love to get near that range.

FIX
My Jog worked at first but the Shuttle did not.

Finally found a little line in the manual stating you need to go File>Change Target Application. Then under program files select the current Vegas executable. After that it worked.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 24, 2015 at 8:57:58 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Feb 24, 2015 at 9:00:24 pm

[Richard Cross] "Now that the Shuttle works after "fix" below, it only gives me a -2.0 to 2.00 range."
OK, go:-
Options >> Preferences >> Editing
. .. and Select FAST for the JKL/Shuttle Speed.

Using the Contour Shuttle Pro and choosing SLOW, I too get 2 to -2. But FAST gets me 20 to -20.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Richard Cross
on Feb 24, 2015 at 10:19:37 pm

Grazie - A home run. Thanks. I probably deserve to be taken out to the public Square and beaten with a Sony Vegas manual as it was on page 75 of the Vegas 9 manual as a "Tip" under Scubbing.

Would never have gotten their without you.
Thanks again

Dick

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 25, 2015 at 5:40:49 am

You're welcome. Don't be too harsh on yerself! I'm still learning.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

dean weily
on Jan 20, 2016 at 2:44:20 pm

Is there a way to set the job rate, I would prefer to go one frame at a time,

Thanks anyone

Return to posts index

dean weily
on Jan 20, 2016 at 2:44:45 pm

Jog :)

Return to posts index

jose Souza
on May 4, 2015 at 9:33:10 pm

Hi Did you fix your keyboard ? i have the same problem , can not contact the factory .

Return to posts index

Steve Dispensa
on Mar 11, 2015 at 6:35:36 pm

Thanks so much for posting the driver. I had just upgraded my machine and couldn't find my install CD. Much to my surprise Bella has gone out of business and their website is now gone.

Does anyone have any experience running JSM Settings on Windows 8.1? I just upgraded and I'm getting a .NET framework error while trying to run it that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."

They regular keyboard works fine, but all the extra keys and jog/shuttle are useless for now. (I'm using Premiere CC 2014, btw)

Return to posts index

jose Souza
on May 4, 2015 at 9:31:54 pm

Dave i did try to download this but not open i have the same problem on my keyboard

Return to posts index

Kate Kremer
on Jun 21, 2015 at 11:45:35 pm

I recently purchased the Bella HD Mouse. Customization software to designate the buttons requires a driver that the box and manual says you "download" from web at Bella-USA.com.

I too found that the website is gone, no phone is listed and I wonder if the Company is out of business.

Would anyone know where I can get the driver? My web search has returned nothing. Please redirect me, if this is not the correct place to post this issue.

Return to posts index

Russell Smith
on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:27:14 am

hi dave im dying to find a driver for mac, i can find one anywhere, anything you can do to help me out?

Return to posts index

Malcolm Matusky
on Mar 7, 2015 at 12:41:59 am

I have been using a Bella DVkeyboard 3.0 for years, great product! Sad that they went under. I called the company a few months ago to buy new keycaps to replace some worn ones.

Malcolm
http://www.malcolmproductions.com

Return to posts index

brian brook
on Jul 24, 2015 at 8:59:40 pm

Mac driver needed for Bella Keyboard 2.0....anybody???

Return to posts index

Steve Dispensa
on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:02:39 pm

Hey Guys,

Gard from Killer Keys sent me a link to all the latest drives, I'm posting them here:

http://www.killerkeys.com/media/bella/AdvantageKeyboardDriver.dmg.zip
http://www.killerkeys.com/media/bella/FCP-X.zip
http://www.killerkeys.com/media/bella/JSM_Settings_v3.5.1.dmg.zip
http://www.killerkeys.com/media/bella/JSM_Setup_351.exe

My Bella Proffesional Series 3.0 Keyboard is now working perfectly with Premiere CC in Windows 10. Very happy to have it back. Hope this helps some of you.

Return to posts index

brian brook
on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:39:06 pm

Thank you VERY much Steve, still using the Bella everyday!!

Return to posts index

Ronaldo Monteiro
on Dec 23, 2015 at 6:12:06 pm

please have this problem ! My operating system is windows 7 64-bit .
I need the drivers compatible for widows.

Thank you for help

Ronaldo Monteiro

Return to posts index

Jessey Riley
on Jan 29, 2016 at 7:48:19 pm

Hi everybody, which Bella drivers here will work with the Bella professional series 3.0 keyboard model 5203 that works with Avid Media Composer?

Thanks for your help!
Jessey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]