FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped/ Duplicate/ Green Frames fix solution within Vegas 11?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miles Andy Thatch
Dropped/ Duplicate/ Green Frames fix solution within Vegas 11?
on Feb 17, 2015 at 3:10:37 am

I dug out an ancient peace of video on my archive hard drive that I wanted to use. However, at the time of capture with external capture device, there were a few random dropped frames here and there (not too often). Now you see, within Vegas, the dropped frames appear in a form of a duplicate frame which doesn't really show up all that significantly, however after the render, that dropped frame turns into a green twitch, which actually does indeed look bad.

My question is - now that it is impossible to recapture the video and I have to work with this one, how can I at least fix the dropped frames in a way that appears in Sony Vegas during editing? Once again, Vegas showed the frames as double frames of the previous frame. I would be fine with it as it looks nowhere as bad as the green frame after render.

For Render I used as modified AVCHD 1440x1080-60i preset:

I've rendered it in mp4

My Computer:
Windows 7 64bit

HP XW8200
Intel Xeon (2 single processors)
4GB DDR3 memory
Nvidia Gforce Gt 220

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Dropped/ Duplicate/ Green Frames fix solution within Vegas 11?
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:58:24 pm

Hi,
There are softwares that will interpolate frames, some software is intended for that function other can be used to to get the job done even though not intended to do so. None are free software. The simplest solution would be to fill the empty space by splicing in a previous or subsequent frame.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Miles Andy Thatch
on Feb 17, 2015 at 8:59:34 pm

The manual solution is thus far the onmly one I found, However I must note that after several render takes with different formats and codecs, I noticed that the green frames in the rendered videos are always randomized. They are never in the same place. Some renders have more flickers and some have less in the same sections.

My Computer:
Windows 7 64bit

HP XW8200
4GB DDR3 memory
Nvidia Gforce Gt 220

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Feb 17, 2015 at 9:33:25 pm

Try turning off "smart resample" in individual clip properties. In that way the missing frames can be found in the preview window.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Miles Andy Thatch
on Feb 17, 2015 at 11:09:22 pm

Yep, I can see the dropepd frames in the preview this way. I hate to sound too demanding but are you sure that there are no software available to do this task automatically? Maybe some feature in Avidemux? Or one of the paid softwares you mentioned above.

My Computer:
Windows 7 64bit

HP XW8200
4GB DDR3 memory
Nvidia Gforce Gt 220

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Feb 18, 2015 at 3:06:14 am

HI,
I don't know of any softwares that detects missing frames. If someone does please share the info. AS to the problem at hand, Blackmagic Design Fusion has a set of tools called "dimension" that will rebuild missing frames by interpolating between the two frames on either side. I can't tell you if the free version has the Dimension section unlocked for I have the Studio version installed. Back in the days when Eyeon owned Fusion, several version could be installed on the same PC.

Now before going further and running off on some tangent, may I ask as to what the original codec is. What is the duration of the clip? Frame rate dimensions and so on.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Feb 18, 2015 at 3:15:11 am

[Miles Andy Thatch] "I hate to sound too demanding but are you sure that there are no software available to do this task automatically?"

A Vegas user by the name of John Meyer came up with a script called Fix Bad Frame At Cursor that will fix your bad frame for you. It can't find it though :(

8572_jhmfixbadframeatcursor.zip

* PURPOSE OF THIS SCRIPT:
* Fix a bad video frame by deleting bad frame and replacing with previous frame.
* A video track must be selected. If an audio track is selected, nothing happens.
* To use, select the event that contains the bad frame. Position the cursor so you can
* see the bad frame in the preview window. Then, run the script.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Feb 18, 2015 at 3:17:16 am
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Feb 18, 2015 at 3:26:10 am

[Mike Kujbida] "A Vegas user by the name of John Meyer came up with a script called Fix Bad Frame At Cursor "

Excellent, I'm grabbing the script right now.

Hey what do you know, it works with image sequences too. Great now I can fix those raw files recorded with Magic Lantern
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]