FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing a text effect only once?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Parsons
Playing a text effect only once?
on Feb 16, 2015 at 6:08:07 pm
Last Edited By Dale Parsons on Feb 16, 2015 at 6:09:32 pm

Specifically I'm using "Rolling Glow and Enlarge". I just want it to "glow and enlarge" once and then just sit there, during which other text will come underneath it, but if I stretch the duration of the G&E text, the effect loops.

I've tried copying and pasting and turning off the effect in the paste job, but turning off the effect in the copy changes the position of the text slightly.

How else can I accomplish this? I guess keeping G&E text as one block and keyframing of some sort? But I can't make heads or tales of it.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Playing a text effect only once?
on Feb 16, 2015 at 6:45:49 pm

I assume you are using Titles and Text.

You have event looping turned on.
Make the text event length match the media generenerator length.

If the generated media length is 2 seconds and you drag the event to 10 seconds and loop is on then it will repeat every two seconds. In this example if looping is off then the text generation will occur within its two second boundary and the last frame of the generated media will remain for the rest of the event time.

The animations in Titles and Text depending on the length of the generated media so to get the animation speed you are looking for you might need to play games with the generated media length and event length. You will want looping off if you do this.

Return to posts index

Dale Parsons
on Feb 17, 2015 at 9:27:56 am
Last Edited By Dale Parsons on Feb 17, 2015 at 9:28:55 am

Perfect man. You understood me. I was looking for some setting in the "generated media", but it's right-click > switches. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
on Feb 16, 2015 at 6:45:54 pm

I believe, if you will right click the event, and then select properties, you can set the length of the event. That should be the same as the length you want your effect to last. This may also require splitting your event so that it matches the length you desire.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Feb 16, 2015 at 9:06:17 pm

There is a button in the video media generator window/pane which matches the generated media length to the event length. The button is in the upper right corner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]