FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to cut a clip that CAN'T be "stretched"?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Ehm
Is there a way to cut a clip that CAN'T be "stretched"?
on Feb 15, 2015 at 9:26:30 pm

Hello all.. LONG time lurker, first time poster. I've never needed to ask a question before, usually I can find the answers I need by searching. This time, however, I need some help. :(

I'm running into a lot of difficulty when it comes to cutting clips that can't be stretched out. For example..

If I cut a 30 second clip out of the timeline using the "split" (S key) it just trims that clip. But if I grab the edge and want to "stretch" it, all it does is re-create the entire clip again. So, if I take 30 seconds out of the middle of a 10 minute video, put it on the timeline, and stretch either end of it out to 10 minutes, I have two identical clips.

What I WANT to to is cut a 30 second clip and just have that be it. 30 seconds in it's entirety, start to finish. Because when I start messing with even velocities, and slow a clip shot at 120 fps for a slow motion shot, I want to take that 30 second clip and stretch it to a 4 minute clip of slow motion. But finding the end of the clip is proving difficult when I stretch the clip out and it just keeps going, way past the end of where I split the clip. So stretching out that 30 second clip for a slow mo shot becomes stretching out the entire video, and that's making working on the timeline SUPER tedious.

So, if you understand my question and you're not super confused, you're awesome. :) I just want to know how to make a clip cut from the main video retain it's beginning and end, without just becoming a full length duplicate of the original.

Thanks SO much!

Robb

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
Re: Is there a way to cut a clip that CAN'T be "stretched"?
on Feb 15, 2015 at 10:38:25 pm

Hi Robb,

Just hold down the CTRL key, click and drag...

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Is there a way to cut a clip that CAN'T be "stretched"?
on Feb 16, 2015 at 7:30:30 am

Right-click the trimmed clip and choose Create Subclip.
Is this what are you looking for?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]