FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Fill" objects with images?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Floyd
"Fill" objects with images?
on Feb 11, 2015 at 5:08:33 am

First of all I would like to thank everyone who helped me out on my last post. Anyway, I was babysitting my little sister when she wanted me to put on the show "Chowder" on Netflix. This is when I noticed something, whenever chowder is moving his clothes seem to be one picture moving along with him. As if his clothes were "filled in" with another picture. I thought you could do this with masking but it would be a really hard process, is there any other way how to do this?
Heres a link to a clip so you can see what im talking about.
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1751056409

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: "Fill" objects with images?
on Feb 11, 2015 at 6:36:54 am

[Eric Floyd] "I thought you could do this with masking but it would be a really hard process, . . . . "
Er, yeah! - Unthinkably nasty . . . .

[Eric Floyd] " is there any other way how to do this?"
My guess is that some COLOUR Keying was used to substitute the Key Colour with another track of that fabric. Again, there is just so many many more Compositing tools out there that are "smart" that it is way beyond my experience.

BTW - chuckle - loving the clip!

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: "Fill" objects with images?
on Feb 12, 2015 at 12:34:29 pm

Yup Grazzie may be correct suggesting chroma work. The exact method is unknown to me but there are other ways to achieve this effect. Although I don't know why one chooses to do something like that for it distracts the viewer and takes them out of the experience.

Any way, another method would use flash to create the composite. By leaving the fill color blank and carefully layering with composite modes such as add or subtract, cut screen, overlay, multiply and so on. Taking care to avoid other areas that also have the static background. If you export a swf from flash and wish to composite and finish in Vegas Be sure to to export a swf version five or six. I don't recall which one vegas supports but to be certain all shapes are exported in the swf export, it is advisable to export an image sequence with alpha support. In the case of Flash, png would be my choice. Been a long time since I used flash to create content for video editing. So I may not be exactly correct.
Russ froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]