FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large image zooming issues

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren MacNally
Large image zooming issues
on Feb 9, 2015 at 2:45:23 pm

Hello there, I'm working on a project that involves using a large map image. Which is just an image of about 9000 x 6000 pixels. (.PNG)

I want to be able to pan and zoom across the image but the keyframes mess up when I try it. I've made 100's of videos and sometimes encounter this problem on smaller images but can't seem to find a fix.

It's not that my preview box isn't matching the render, even the preview is off.

Here is a quick video to show you the effect that is happening:

All that I've done here, is had 2 keyframes, one at the start of the image, zoomed out and one at 5 seconds in that is zoomed into Italy a bit more. I turned smoothness to 0 for both and to 100 but there doesnt seem to be any difference with this particular image.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Or will vegas (12) just not handle an image so large?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Large image zooming issues
on Feb 10, 2015 at 2:38:48 pm

I'm not sure why you're having problems. I just tried with a PNG image that was 8672 x 7161 in size. I rendered it out to a variety of formats and had no problems.
What file size and format were you rendering to?
Can you post your veg file here and let us try it using a substitute image?

Return to posts index

Darren MacNally
on Feb 10, 2015 at 3:07:06 pm

The file size of the image is 8928x6384 pixels, it's 86.0mb and .png format.

I've attached two screens to show you the problem, it's not even just when it renders, the actual preview is off also, even on Best Full preview.

It's like the translation of the box doesn't correspond to the preview. If you look at the screenshot, you'll see Sicily should be partly cut off on the south, but the preview shows almost all the image.

My render settings are in the screenshot also.

http://s18.postimg.org/cr2wcgzfr/Vegas_Issue2.png

http://s18.postimg.org/tg8xm4lev/Vegas_Issue1.png

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Feb 11, 2015 at 4:32:22 am
Last Edited By Phil Peacock on Feb 11, 2015 at 4:34:36 am

Just a thought. No track motion involved here? And if not, I would be zoming right into the timeline in your pan/crop window, just to make sure that there ARE no keyframes hiding behind others in a shortened timeline.
And try using the keyframe forward and backward buttons too. Just to make sure they ain't hiding!
Good luck.

Return to posts index

Darren MacNally
on Feb 11, 2015 at 2:17:17 pm

Mmmm not sure what exactly track motion is (the definition I mean). There are only 2 keyframes for sure. I can remove all keyframes, and put 2 on, and it will keep happening.

In these two screenshots, I've removed keyframes and you can see that the first screenshot is fine, the preview matches the pan crop box which is at 1920x1080.

Once I pull back a bit and make the pan crop box larger, (maintaining the same aspect) the translation goes off suddenly (it jumps out of place).

You can see in the second screenshot the preview doesnt match the pan crop box and is much further zoomed out and actually a little warped.

http://s23.postimg.org/oilfn167e/previe1.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/r174nprxm/previe2.jpg

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Feb 12, 2015 at 11:22:45 am
Last Edited By Phil Peacock on Feb 12, 2015 at 11:27:26 am

Check if there is any track motion happening(top circle in attached image). And I notice that your timeline cursor has not moved between either of your two image captures. Try turning on cursor synchronisation in a ZOOMED in pan/crop window. It might be easier to see what is happening. Sometimes those keyframes are hiding behind each other on a narrow timeline.

Otherwise it is difficult to see just what you have happening there.

Return to posts index

Darren MacNally
on Feb 12, 2015 at 1:37:11 pm

Ok just checked, there is no track motion active. And the reason my cursor never moved is because to simplify the problem I removed the second keyframe, so now in those two pictures we have one keyframe.

I've done this to show that (in the first picture) the crop box and preview look the same, but just when I drag it a bit bigger (on the same keyframe) the preview box doesnt match the crop box anymore.

The same result happens in the render.

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Feb 13, 2015 at 1:53:19 am

Hmmm. Really not sure about this then sorry.

Let us know if you come up with the reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]