FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video "Enhancement"?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Michaels
Video "Enhancement"?
on Feb 8, 2015 at 4:31:50 am

So I've learned from experience, that even when you can't initially see detail in a dark video for example... Messing with contrast, brightness, etc can make unseen details clearly visible, even if quite fuzzy. Either way, you'd have never known they showed up on video until you apply those quick fixes. It doesn't seem to be all that useful for professional work, but as an amateur, I've found it useful in a pinch for my personal videos.

However... I have a ton of old videos that had been taken with my old android phone. The video quality is terrible. It was likely 3xx by 2xx resolution. I don't know for sure. They're .3gp format, though I don't think that matters TOO much. But then to add insult to injury, the bitrate on the videos was only 300kbps or so. I was just wondering if there was any way to manipulate the video to make it look just ever so slightly better? This isn't a dire thing that I need. Just something I'm curious about. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Video "Enhancement"?
on Feb 8, 2015 at 7:27:58 am

[Brandon Michaels] "Just something I'm curious about."
Low res is Low res, for what ever reason. Sure, we can fiddle at the edges - Sharpening and so on - but all will be a compromise. It now comes down to content: If the Content is truly absorbing, authentic in its emotional engagement, then the video will have that ability to "keep" the viewer's interest. You get the Picture?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Video "Enhancement"?
on Feb 8, 2015 at 4:48:32 pm

[Graham Bernard] "It now comes down to content:"

Grazzie is correct and it has been that way from the beginning. Content is King. However since this is a talkie, the best way to increase the chance of capturing your audience is to make the audio as pristine as possible. Since the audience can not see as good make certain that the dialogue is very easy to understand. Try not to create a soundscape of extraneous crescendos. Involve the listener tickle their ears. I have seen humans watch a really bad broadcast image with easy listening audio but it is rear to find humans watching great images bad audio.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]