FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do you convert Computer RGB footage to Studio RGB before uploading to Vimeo/YouTube?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michal Bronec
Do you convert Computer RGB footage to Studio RGB before uploading to Vimeo/YouTube?
on Feb 6, 2015 at 10:21:18 pm

I used to do it. When I graded some video in Sony Vegas and than I convert it to studio RGB, the video looked same in Youtube as (originaly) in Vegas. Now i noticed that the studio RGB videos are more washed out on Youtube. So I probably dont have to convert it to studio RGB anymore? Do you do it?

Return to posts index

Michal Bronec
Re: Do you convert Computer RGB footage to Studio RGB before uploading to Vimeo/YouTube?
on Feb 7, 2015 at 1:13:15 am

Another strange thing is - when I check or uncheck "adjust levels from studio RGB to computer RGB" in preview window of Vegas, nothing happens, there is no difference.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Do you convert Computer RGB footage to Studio RGB before uploading to Vimeo/YouTube?
on Feb 7, 2015 at 3:43:59 am

[Michal Bronec] "Another strange thing is - when I check or uncheck "adjust levels from studio RGB to computer RGB" in preview window of Vegas, nothing happens, there is no difference."

This option only affects an external preview device. Not the preview window in the Vegas UI.

Return to posts index

Michal Bronec
on Feb 7, 2015 at 2:08:37 pm

I see. When I used Sony Vegas 12, I need to adjust levels from computer RGB to studio RGB. It seems with Sony Vegas 13 I dont have to do it, because my videos looks same in Vegas, Youtube or WMP. Strange.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Feb 7, 2015 at 11:40:46 pm

[Michal Bronec] "When I used Sony Vegas 12, I need to adjust levels from computer RGB to studio RGB. It seems with Sony Vegas 13 I dont have to do it, because my videos looks same in Vegas, Youtube or WMP. Strange."

I have noticed no difference in VP12 to VP13 with regards to levels and I do notice a difference if the videos are not encoded at Studio levels.

Return to posts index

Michal Bronec
on Feb 9, 2015 at 6:21:31 pm

So why is this happening to me? :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]