FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 11 Pro "closed caption" Qs

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Gregoriades
Vegas 11 Pro "closed caption" Qs
on Feb 6, 2015 at 12:21:26 pm

Hello again,
I have been learning to add closed captions, and can create them and add them to the timeline individually and move them to the right "in point." But can't figure out how to do the following:
1. How do you create an "end" to each cc? (right now, each continues to show until the next "cc" takes over.) I'd like to stop each at a select point, or for "xx seconds," or..
2. Can the location of the "cc"s be changed, i.e, moved higher/lower/to side on the screen? If so, what are the controls?
3. I'd like to upload a video with cc's to YouTube, so that when played on YouTube the ccs show automatically. How is that done, please? Can a video be rendered by Vegas, with the cc's showing?
Many thanks!
john

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: Vegas 11 Pro "closed caption" Qs
on Feb 6, 2015 at 1:31:50 pm

Check out John Rofrano's tutorial about the plugin he created to much more easily create captioning.
If you do a lot of captioning it's well worth it.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

John Gregoriades
on Feb 10, 2015 at 11:18:19 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, indeed John's tutorial is one of the best, well-paced, lucid ones that I have encountered. I managed to finish my (probably one-shot) closed captions session, but I thought I would pass on some comments:
1. Either the program I was using (Vegas 11 Pro,) or the program John's instructions referred to, are somehow different, or perhaps I lost my way. The reason is, that as I understood it, adding a "blank" (no text) command would stop the previous caption. Well, it did not do that, I had to use a command with at least a "." (period) to stop the previous caption, and unfortunately it left a small black bar with the "." in its place. (Not bad, but not preferred, either.)
2. The demo showed a listing "box" of commands, in which there was a column for the "time-in" of each caption, and also another column for the "time out" of the same caption. Unfortunately, the listing produced by my version of Vegas had only the column for "time in," there was no column for "time out."
Many thanks, regardless! Very much appreciated.

John23GR

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Feb 6, 2015 at 3:27:16 pm

1. Use {EOC} code (all codes you will find in the Help)
2. I guess yes, but only manually (via codes)
3. Use Tools > Scripting > Export Closed Captioning for YouTube

p.s. from your questions I conclude that you want regular subtitles - closed captions is a different beast...

Return to posts index

John Gregoriades
on Feb 19, 2015 at 6:37:22 pm

Hello and sorry for the delay I was on travel status. I did not wish regular subtitles, I do know how to add those. I wanted closed captioning so DVD viewers would have a choice of seeing them or not. However, in addition, since I had done all the labor, I wanted to produce a DVD with the captions shown all the time (in effect, like regular subtitles.)The recommendation of using Tools>Scripting>Export Closed Captioning for YouTube does not seem to render a (say) mpg or MP4 file, as I expected. Any further advice/direction would be appreciated.

John23GR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]