Coloring

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellen Maurer
Coloring
on Feb 5, 2015 at 3:22:55 pm
Last Edited By Ellen Maurer on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:04:40 pm

Hello!
I'm new here and I hope it's not a problem writing this here.
I'm an amator who likes to make videos for myself [sometimes]. Here I found some solutions when
Vegas encountered various problems, so I'm very thankful.
I like to watch fanvideos of my favorite tv shows because I don't have time to rewatch them. In
2010 I came across to a video which its coloring impressed me very much. Since then I'm
obsessed by it [and colorings in general] and I tried tones of ways to get the same look [even
using the same source media], mixing multiple fxs [and their settings] and also tried many plugins. I couldn't make it no matter how much I struggled all these years. I thought a lot if I should ask for help here. I really hope someone will have time.
Not to mention that I asked the original editor and I didn't get an answer. I think she doesn't
talk at all because I have seen many others commenting on her videos various questions.
I extracted some scenes from her video just for you [only] to see what I'm talking about. I used avidemux to cut them and then mixing the cuts. Is in its original quality as it was originaly uploaded.

I also extracted the original source media she used, to see the difference.

I'm sure the selected parts from her video have the same coloring. It's very soft and its glow
and diffusion doesn't brighten the image too much. Also the contrast is very soft and the
shadows are in their place all the time. At the same time the shadows [low] are also lightened.
There is no deep darkness like the "black night". I just can't make it. I used many fxs in
several combinations. All kind of glows and diffusions that "work" in Vegas. Played with their
settings. My only hope is if there's someone that can help me.
Thank you very much in advance!

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: Coloring
on Feb 10, 2015 at 4:09:51 pm

There are a few different options for cutting the blacks down in your image. You may want to start with Broadcast colors and adjust the Luma Min. Other options are found at the bottom of the color correction FX...Gamma, contrast, etc. but I don't think that will get you the desired effect. Another helpful fix is that you can have two layers of the same video and adjust the opacity (drag from the top of the event) or the track composite to "soften" the results of an effect. You can also layer multiple effects in this way and adjust which ones affect more based off their opacity. I hope that helps. Let me know how it works for you!

DavidEon

Return to posts index

Ellen Maurer
Re: Coloring
on Feb 25, 2015 at 3:31:12 pm

Thank you very much for your ideas. Meanwhile someone recommened a plug-in from Sapphire. They have some film styles which can offer almost the same look if I play with their settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]