FORUMS: list search recent posts

Doubts about Sony Vegas 13 and Hitfilm 3 Pro. Project integration with Hitfilm 3 Pro.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Dolz
Doubts about Sony Vegas 13 and Hitfilm 3 Pro. Project integration with Hitfilm 3 Pro.
on Feb 3, 2015 at 1:02:11 pm
Last Edited By Xavier Dolz on Feb 3, 2015 at 1:04:13 pm

Hi
In the SONY VEGAS website it is said that included with Vegas Pro 13 Suite is HitFilm 3 Pro...
and it is said also that you can... send the contents of a Vegas Pro event directly from the Vegas Pro timeline to a new HitFilm 3 Pro project. Add visual effects and compositing in HitFilm and save your changes which automatically updates the media back in Vegas Pro. Seamless integration makes for an amazingly efficient and powerful post-production workflow.

However, I don't know how to do that.
I don't know how may I launch the Hitfilm 3 Pro timeline (not the VEGAS timeline)... just what you see in this picture...

So how may I launch that timeline?
Cheers

Return to posts index

Derek Moran
Re: Doubts about Sony Vegas 13 and Hitfilm 3 Pro. Project integration with Hitfilm 3 Pro.
on Feb 3, 2015 at 2:14:10 pm
Last Edited By Derek Moran on Feb 4, 2015 at 1:04:41 pm

You must install Vegas Pro first and Hitfilm Pro second, otherwise HitFilm will not work inside of Vegas.

To open a video from Vegas in Hitfilm, right-click video on timeline and select Add HitFilm Effect. If you don't see this option, you probably installed Hitfilm first and Vegas second. Un-install Hitfilm and then re-install. Hitfilm link will then show on right-click.

After you have added your Effects in Hitfilm, press Save in HF and file should then automatically update inside of Vegas Pro.

You may like to read this article from Sony about working with both programs:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/hitfilm_vegas_movie_studio_integration

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Doubts about Sony Vegas 13 and Hitfilm 3 Pro. Project integration with Hitfilm 3 Pro.
on Feb 3, 2015 at 7:11:26 pm

Perfect advice there coming from Derek, Xavier.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Simon Jones
on Feb 4, 2015 at 9:27:53 am

Hi guys, Simon from the HitFilm team here. Great advice from Derek, but I just wanted to clarify one point about installation, which is that you need to install HitFilm AFTER Vegas. This is because the HitFilm installer checks the computer to see if Vegas is present, and if it IS, it then installs the link.

If you want to see the integration in action, take a look at this video:

From about 1.50 it shows me working on a HitFilm project in both Vegas and HitFilm. It's an older video from last year, so I'm using HitFilm 2 Ultimate, but the same workflow concepts apply to HitFilm 3 Pro. HF3 also has the benefit of including all of the plugins which are mentioned in that video, too.

Return to posts index

Derek Moran
on Feb 4, 2015 at 1:00:32 pm

Thanks for the update Simon.
I will edit my original post now, so it is correct. I realize now that I experienced an over confident dyslexic info attack - lol :)
Sorry about that.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Feb 7, 2015 at 9:36:36 am

lol...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

jerome mcfadden
on Sep 15, 2015 at 8:31:43 pm

I tried reinstalling hitfilm pro 3 but still no intergratin. any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]