FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 13: Startup error Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bence Szabó
Vegas Pro 13: Startup error Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
on Jan 31, 2015 at 12:51:20 pm

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 290) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Fault Address: 0x0000000000000000
Fault Offset: 0x0000000000000000

Back in a month ago the gpu (7770) driver got reinstalled on this computer (from omega back to 12.8), because there were problems with it...
Now a week ago the HDD got cloned, because the older one had sector errors, so now the PC has a bigger and better HDD.

Actually the program crashes at loading the GPU-accelerated video processing.
I tried reinstall it, uninstalled quicktime (just to be sure), reseted the programs cache with Ctrl+Shift at startup, nothing helped...

I think it's my GPU driver, but I don't have permission to update it...

Any ideas how solve this problem?
Since GPU driver downgrade I haven't used Vegas on this PC
Note: I dont have permission to modify BIOS settings and the GPU driver, and the manage the hardware in this computer.

Thanks, Bence

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Vegas Pro 13: Startup error Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
on Jan 31, 2015 at 4:10:07 pm

Are you saying that you don't have administrator privileges on that system? That is probably your problem right there.

Dave

Return to posts index

Bence Szabó
on Jan 31, 2015 at 4:30:12 pm

I have admin privileges, not just for Vegas but for other purposes. I meant I can change anything if I want, but I'll get punished for it.
I want to avoid this.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 31, 2015 at 8:06:54 pm

I've had this same problem but unfortunately there was no easy solution. The problem is that Vegas Pro freaks out if you downgrade a video driver as you have seen. No amount of uninstalling, re-installing, starting with Shift+Ctrl or anything I tried would get Vegas Pro to start without blowing up.

The only way I got around it was to re-install the video driver that Vegas Pro last used, open Vegas Pro and turn off GPU Acceleration, and then downgrade my video driver again. This may be your only solution too.

One thing you can do is upgrade to Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 428 because your Build 290 is old. Perhaps the upgrade will reset the video driver preferences in Vegas Pro. It's worth a try.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Bence Szabó
on Jan 31, 2015 at 8:25:43 pm

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jan 31, 2015 at 8:59:16 pm

When you start with Shift+Ctrl, also make sure to check the option for deleting saved data. I don't know what Vegas cleans up but it cannot hurt.

What you can do is go to the Vegas Pro "AppData" folder and delete all the compiled OpenCL files. They are named, "OCL*.bin". Vegas compiles their OpenCL code on the fly as needed, and on a driver change they will recompile but something may be messed up in the whole GPU world thing so deleting any Vegas saved GPU related items can help. Heck deleting everything in the AppData folder is just like a clean install.

Return to posts index

Bence Szabó
on Jan 31, 2015 at 9:25:09 pm

I checked in the cache cleaning (or what is that), so it cleaned its settings, and also I did mess with AppData, (I think) I deleted every kind of file after uninstall which is in connection with Vegas.

The next day I'll look for that file you mentioned, and will make sure that it's deleted.

I'll take a look at deleting AppData, but I'm not sure I'm gonna do that.

Thanks for your help.
Bence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]