FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create scripts for Sony Vegas 13 Pro

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Carlisle
How to create scripts for Sony Vegas 13 Pro
on Jan 26, 2015 at 10:50:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a project that is over two hours long filled with tons of different clips separating episodes of a show's best scenes. But due to an fps problem with the footage I had to reconvert it and this has messed up the cut up scenes in my project.

I have to cut 2 frames off the start of every clip and add 2 more at the end. But to do this manually clip by clip would take far too long.

Would it be possible to write a script in Sony Vegas for this problem? A script that would cut two frames off the start of a clip and add two more to the end?

I would appreciate if anyone could point me towards some site that I could learn to write scripts for Sony Vegas. I can already code in Java and a bit of C++ so I'm confident I could pick up whatever scripting language I need to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: How to create scripts for Sony Vegas 13 Pro
on Jan 27, 2015 at 7:01:39 am

I have done something similar using repeating macros. You have to set up a custom keyboard button in vegas (Options>Customize Keyboard) The key you would need to set up is:

TrackView.Nudge.RightByFrames

You can set this to whatever key you want (I use the Numpad 9, so I will use that in the macro)

The ] Bracket will select the end of your event then the beginning of the next event so your macro will be:

] 9 9

You can set up a macro to repeat (I use a Microsoft Keyboard with intellitype software from Microsoft. I prefer Intellitype but it is just an older version of Microsofts Keyboard and Mouse software. Both are available free on the Microsoft site.)
Intellitype
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=26950
Keyboard and Mouse
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=42510

So the Bracket will select the end of the event and extended it 2 Frames to the Right and then as it repeats the next Bracket will select the beginning of the next event and trim it 2 Frames...it will then repeat the process for the entire project until you press the Macro button again. Let me know how this works for you and if you need anything else. Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: How to create scripts for Sony Vegas 13 Pro
on Jan 27, 2015 at 10:57:34 am

Use Quick Properties tool from Vegasaur toolset (free trial for 30 days):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]