FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas pro 13 "not responding" when opening project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Penseur Sauvage
Vegas pro 13 "not responding" when opening project
on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:58:24 pm

Hey all,

I'm stuck with a pretty important project here and can't find a solution, i was hoping you could help:

I was editing and sorting some videos to later make various montages, when i accidentally deleted one of my sub-clips from my media library, i ctrl+z'd it to get it back, but vegas pro froze for about 15min and i had to terminate the process.

The problem is that now, every time I try to open my project, is freeze again and display "not responding" at about 70/75% of file loading, I tried several solutions such as:

-cut+copy sfk files in another folder (didn't work, restored them)
-rename the project folder
-inserting the project as a video
-re-installing vegas pro 13
-re-installing a previous vega pro version
-leave vegas pro loading the project for several hours in cas it'll miraculously start working
-Cry in a corner
-Sacrifice a virgin to summon Khtulu

No success so far.

I can actually open the project if I close the media window,but them I can't access to my media which kinda suck as the whole point of that last week of work was to get loads of medias to use in various montages, if i start the media window the software freeze instantly.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can work this out? I don't mind loosing a few medias or the project timeline but I really really need those medias back, there are hundreds of them that I spend a whole week gathering full time, If I can't solve this my whole project is dead :(

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english, I'm french.

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Vegas pro 13 "not responding" when opening project
on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:10:49 pm

I see on Sony's site they have Build #428 from November 2014. Is this your version? Do you have a previous Build version to try.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 27, 2015 at 9:34:18 pm

There should be a backup of your project in the same folder as your project with the same name as your project with an extension of .veg.bak. Just copy that to a new name.veg and it should open.

Note: you may've overlaid this backup by now with all that you have done, but if done immediately after you have the problem, it should get you back to a previous good version of the project.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Penseur Sauvage
on Jan 28, 2015 at 1:46:56 am

I forgot to mention it but that's actually one of the first thing I tried, maybe even in first, but it also get stuck, this one at about 65/70% instead of 70/75% :(

I believe it's about a corrupted media file, but no way of knowing which one, and there are hundreds of them...

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 28, 2015 at 12:39:25 pm

[Penseur Sauvage] "I believe it's about a corrupted media file, but no way of knowing which one, and there are hundreds of them..."
Render in small sections and see which sections stops rendering. That's probably where the bad media file is. You can create regions and then use the batch render region script to automate the process. This should help you figure it out.

~jr

Return to posts index

Penseur Sauvage
on Jan 28, 2015 at 1:10:25 pm

Unfortunately I processed as follow:

-Opening a large video to work on.
-Segmenting in small clips whatever i needed.
-Saving them in my media library as sub-clips.
-Deleting them from the timeline.

The plan was to re-use the sub-clips when i'd be done with gathering them. So I can't read them since they're not in my timmeline anymore and I can't access my media library :/

Return to posts index

Jay Allen
on Jan 28, 2015 at 1:51:52 pm

i dont know if this is relevant to you, but All my projects when i pass a certain number of clips in the project, i will get the "non responding" when opening a project. i used to freak out until i found out that if i leave it in that frozen state long enough it comes back around. Yes its frustrating in front of clients, but at least i dont freak out anymore.
This behavior is the same in different versions of vegas.
On another note...i have gone back to 12 simply because it is much faster than 13. i make over 100 videos a year and time is money.

Return to posts index

Penseur Sauvage
on Jan 28, 2015 at 2:48:47 pm

Yes I noticed it does that sometime too, and usually let it run until it just work, but is this case it just never end... Last time I've let it run and went out walking my dog and chatting with friends for over 2h, it was still stuck and "not responding" when I came back, thanks god I don't have clients waiting after my screen ^^

I'm guessing i'm pretty much done... I'm gonna have to start over from zero or give up the project am I ? :'(

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:48:00 pm

[Penseur Sauvage] "I'm guessing i'm pretty much done... I'm gonna have to start over from zero or give up the project am I ? :'("
There's one last thing you can try. Move all of the media for the project into another folder. Then move one file back and open the project telling it to ignore all missing media. If the project opens, add another file back into the original media folder and open the project again. Keep dong this until the project doesn't open. When that happens, the last media file you added was the problem.

~jr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]