FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transitions Shortcuts

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Perez
Transitions Shortcuts
on Jan 23, 2015 at 4:54:58 pm

How do I control which transition shortcuts are in the drop down menu upon adding a transition?

As always thanks so much to you guys...Johnny In Orlando

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Transitions Shortcuts
on Jan 23, 2015 at 5:47:51 pm

By shortcuts, if you mean the various presets of a specific transition, that's something you have no control over other than creating your own and saving it as another preset.
For example, 3D Blinds has 4 presets while Dissolve has 24.
Once you drop a transition onto your timeline, you're free to choose what preset you want, how you want to customize it and save it if you design a new one that you want to keep for future use.

If you want a specific preset, click on it in the Transitions tab, hold down the Shift key and drag it on top of your timeline transition. That way you won't get the Event FX window popping up on you.

Is that what you're asking?

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Jan 27, 2015 at 11:40:42 pm

No, I mean when you right click the edge of the video event and there's a drop down menu that says: "Insert cross fade/Insert other Well I want to load my fave transitions on that dropdown so I don't have to go through the step of insert other and have to manually choose the same transition over and over again. Comprende?

As always thanks so much to you guys...Johnny In Orlando

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jan 28, 2015 at 3:11:40 pm

[John Perez] "I want to load my fave transitions on that dropdown so I don't have to go through the step of insert other"

I don't get a drop down menu like that. What version of Vegas are you using?
The bottom line is that things like this can't be changed by the user.
Here's what it looks like when I try that in Pro 12.

"have to manually choose the same transition over and over again"

To do this to multiple events simultaneously, apply a transition to the first event, click it, hold down the Ctrl button and click on all other desired events and then drop the desired transition on the first event. All selected transitions will now be the same.
Make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]