FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Transition Using a Mask

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Perez
Creating a Transition Using a Mask
on Jan 23, 2015 at 11:25:16 am

TGIF! Using the Gradient Wipe I want to use the shape of the Christian cross (for a Catholic wedding) as opposed to using a heart or a star, but lo and behold there's no cross. How can I use a mask of this shape as a gradient transition?

As always thanks so much to you guys...Johnny In Orlando

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Creating a Transition Using a Mask
on Jan 23, 2015 at 6:49:32 pm
Last Edited By Norman Black on Jan 23, 2015 at 6:58:38 pm

With gradient wipe, you use some Photoshop like image editing application to create your graysacle bitmap to describe the transition. The transition typically moves from black to white.

So, if you want something like the star or heart transitions presets operate then you will need to create a radial gradient in the image edit application in the shape of your preferred cross. To get the effect like the star/heart I don't think it will be as simple as filling a cross shape with a gradient. You will probably have to layer and blend multiple cross gradients at various zoom scales to get the final result.

You might be able to get away with creating a bitmap with a small black cross, simple hard edges, in the center and then slightly larger lighter grey crosses until the screen is filled and you have white at the edges. Then you can try blurring the result to get smooth transitions. You can also use the gradient blur slider in the Vegas gradient wipe to create some blur for a smooth transition.

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Jan 25, 2015 at 12:06:13 pm

Thanks so much, Norman. Yes, it does sound complicated. No time to figure it out on this project, though. I'll experiment in a timeline of just that transition. All those presets and not one with a cross: ridiculous.

As always thanks so much to you guys...Johnny In Orlando

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jan 25, 2015 at 10:00:24 pm

Hi Johnny, I was a Creative Cow Sony Vegas pro and basics leader for years. There was a time where I could Google Danny Hays and I filled the whole first screen search. Now there's just two, Meet Danny Hays-Creative cow leaders and Images of Danny Hays Me in front of a green screen. People pay good money to even get there name or company to show up on Google's first search page Nice to see someone else Using Vegas in Orlando. danhays2004@yahoo.com right downtown Orlando. Any help needed, let me know. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]