FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed Captioning of Wedding

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Myers
Closed Captioning of Wedding
on Jan 19, 2015 at 6:08:26 pm

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have been on the forum. Anyway, I was shooting a wedding a few weeks ago and the father of the bride told me he wanted the video of the ceremony closed captioned because his son-in-law was deaf. He indicated that he thought his daughter had discussed this with me beforehand but she did not.

I shot the wedding as I always do using a Sony HD 2000 cam and everything went very well. Now, is there a way to add closed captioning to this wedding video after the fact? I have never done it before and I am assuming that there would have to be a setting during filming that would allow for this to be done, but I don't know for sure. Or is there a way to outsource this somewhere where it can be done?

Can anyone give me an idea if this is possible and if so, what is the best route to accomplish it? I have a Sony Vegas system 64 bit Version 10.0 and my computer is Windows 7 Intel Core i7 CPU 960 @3.20GHz

Thanks for any help.

Dan.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: Closed Captioning of Wedding
on Jan 19, 2015 at 6:53:10 pm

One of the Vegas features they claim is the ability closed captioning. However, it's as close to impossible as you can get unless you have John Rofrano's plugin called Caption Assistant.

Here's a link to the tutorial.

Wow! that's a crazy long link but I think it works...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIJ0Ur1U0iYAuRn7w8QF;_yl...

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Jan 19, 2015 at 7:19:59 pm

I believe he just wants text subtitles...

If you really need closed captions: press "C" key in Vegas timeline to create a closed caption (choose command 608CC1). Finally, render closed captions in an MXF or MPEG-2 file. (more details in the Help)

Mercalli V4: Best video stabilization software

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jan 20, 2015 at 5:57:43 am

I like that caption assistant plugin. I didn't know about it.

If you don't have a text file of what was said at the wedding. If the voice is clear enough in the wedding video, you can use Google voice to capture the voice to text in most email providers. If have an Android smart phone or IPhone, you can use your email account on it. I use Yahoo mail, and I opened up any email, clicked reply to pull up the keyboard and there's a little microphone icon in the lower left of the keyboard. Press it and you will see a red "Speak" icon which means it's ready to capture the voice to test. Hold the phone up to the speaker that the wedding video is playing out of and it will type what is said on the video. It will be pretty accurate if the voice is clear. You may get some wrong spelled words if it's not real clear, but it's better than having to type the whole dialog yourself. Send the email to yourself and you can copy and paste the text from the email into Vegas. Just add a new video track above the wedding video track. Go to media generators tab and select text and drag it into the new video track. I like the default since it doesn't put a black box around the text Use the space bar to make the text in sync with the voice. You can resize and reposition and change the font type text how ever you want. Hope this helps. I haven't been on this forum in quite a while.
Danny Hays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]