FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime file making SV crash

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Dumitrescu
Quicktime file making SV crash
on Jan 18, 2015 at 9:07:59 pm

Hello,
I have a bunch of quicktime clips (.mp4) and when I try to import them into Sony Vegas Pro 13 it slows it down so much to the point it becomes unresponsive and I have to force end it.
Is there any way to make SV accept the files or should I convert them? If I have to convert (already tried), what should I convert into for the smoothest editing experience? I use Avidemux, but I can't figure out how to handle these files. Before Avidemux got changed a bit, I used to convert all my video files to MJPEG video, PCM audio and AVI output. Now I'm a bit lost, not sure how to get that format again. MJPEG encoder, PCM and AVI Muxer does not work.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Quicktime file making SV crash
on Jan 18, 2015 at 10:49:16 pm

[Laura Dumitrescu] "I have a bunch of quicktime clips (.mp4) "
Actually QuickTime clips would have a .mov extension. You probably just have AVC/H.264 clips.
[Laura Dumitrescu] "Is there any way to make SV accept the files or should I convert them?"
If they are not performing well you should convert them.
[Laura Dumitrescu] "If I have to convert (already tried), what should I convert into for the smoothest editing experience?"
If you can load them one at a time in Vegas Pro you can convert them to Sony MXF. This should edit smoothly. You can also try converting the to CineForm AVI with GoPro Studio (which is free).
[Laura Dumitrescu] "I use Avidemux, but I can't figure out how to handle these files. Before Avidemux got changed a bit, I used to convert all my video files to MJPEG video, PCM audio and AVI output. Now I'm a bit lost, not sure how to get that format again. MJPEG encoder, PCM and AVI Muxer does not work."
You should use AviDemux 2.5. The 2.6 version does not create files that Vegas Pro can use for some reason.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Laura Dumitrescu
Re: Quicktime file making SV crash
on Jan 19, 2015 at 5:54:20 am

Thank you for the fast reply! I will try rendering all clips in mxf or getting an older version of Avidemux.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]