FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about rendering in Sony Vegas 12.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksi Linna
Question about rendering in Sony Vegas 12.
on Jan 18, 2015 at 2:18:59 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first post and greetings from Finland. I started a YT channel around a year ago and my topic is prank videos. However, I want to update my render settings for YT for the best quality. Here's the low down:

I use a Canon Legria HF 200 camera. It shoots 1080/50i footage. However, you can change the framerate to progressive 25fps, which I have been using since the start. The component output is still 1080i.

Now for the project settings. If use the "match project settings with the media" it recognises it as 1080 50i (even if I switched the framerate to 25fps progressive) Until now I have changed from the project settings the field order to progressive and chosen the deinterlace method to blend fields.

As for the rendering settings, I have used:

Frame size: 1080x1920
Profile: high
Number of reference frames: 2
Variable bitrate: 50 000 000 max, average 40 000 000 (from Google's recommendation for enterprise internet speeds)
Field order: none (progressive scan)

Have I been using good settings? Should I change something? I was looking up this h.264 codec stuff. Should I switch to that?

You can go and have look at my videos: http://www.youtube.com/socialengineering358

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Question about rendering in Sony Vegas 12.
on Jan 18, 2015 at 4:50:01 pm

What render codec are you using for the render, MainConcept 1080 for internet? If so, those settings are good. You can also enable 'two-pass rendering', which yields best render quality but takes longer to render.

Dave

Return to posts index

Aleksi Linna
Re: Question about rendering in Sony Vegas 12.
on Jan 18, 2015 at 8:24:31 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply! Yes I'm using the Mainconcept 1080. I might give the two-pass option a try to see how it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]