FORUMS: list search recent posts

Computer RGB to Studio RGB Preset Values Changed Slighty in Movie Studio Platinum

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iggy Roddy
Computer RGB to Studio RGB Preset Values Changed Slighty in Movie Studio Platinum
on Jan 17, 2015 at 12:45:04 am

I just upgraded to Movie Studio Platinum 13 from 10 and I notice that the "Computer RGB to Studio RGB" Sony Levels preset has, somewhere in between, been changed in respect of Output Start and Output End from 0.063 to 0.06 and 0.922 to 0.92, respectively. Does anyone know is there a reason for this modest adjustment?

Using my trusted test card (http://www.belle-nuit.com/test-chart) I concluded that the previous 0.063/0.922 values are more accurate since the RGBs of six of the main colours of the uploaded test card to Youtube are closer to the original (no single RGB value is >1 from the original e.g. 180 16 16 vs 180 16 17) whereas using 0.06/0.92 the values can vary up to 2 from the original (e.g. 180 16 16 vs. 179 15 14).

I know this may seem like splitting hairs, but you might as well be accurate if all it costs is a decimal place, although my faith in default settings is a little shaken.

I suppose this is a kind of intuitive result as 0.06/0.92 seems like they've been rounded off.

Note: just as a bit of background, an upload to Youtube may often need to employ the aforementioned Levels filter to keep the colours the same as the original.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]