FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio files play in editor but don't render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Rosado
Audio files play in editor but don't render
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:03:24 pm

I've been using Vegas for 10+ years and I've never seen anything like this.

I made a video showing the problem: http://quickvid.org./watch.php?v=E6U6y_2OfXB

These are all regular ol' .wav files, there's no special codecs, just pure 100% PCM WAV, all recorded by me from in a different Vegas session. As you can see in the video, there are some clips that play in the editor but when I render they are somehow muted. I've tried everything I can think of and they will not render.

If I open the affected clips in a different project they render just fine.

If, however, I select all, then copy and paste into a new project, this problem remains.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Audio files play in editor but don't render
on Jan 18, 2015 at 5:39:15 pm

Well that is a strange duck indeed. I can't begin to venture a guess as to the cause of the issue. Naturally moving the affected track up or down has been tried or copies of the media have been placed on new audio tracks. And there has been close scrutiny in the audio mixing console. Just to check, all the audio files are the same bit rate and depth, correct?
There are no indications the project is in 5.1 surround sound. Everything appears to be in order.

Perhaps a work around consisting of an EDL export and importing the EDL into a new project, that has worked for me in the past. Another thing worth trying is to see what happens when the "real-time Render" is invoked, does the resulting file display the same issues. If not simply use the resulting files as a replacement of the troubled files on a new track.

Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]