FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 will not load

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Courtright
Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 will not load
on Jan 15, 2015 at 12:53:22 am

Not even the splash screen shows up. I get a spinning load icon for a second, then nothing. Not showing in task manager either.

Movie Studio HD platinum Version 11 Build 322 (newest available)
Windows 7 - 64bit.

Ctrl + shift start doesn't help. Uninstall/reinstall also didn't help. I have tried removing registry keys relating to the program and reinstalling as well. I've even tried running it in safe mode with no luck.

I have Movie Studio 13, both the 32 and 64 bit versions run. I'd like to have 11 working, as that is what my projects were created in. They do load in 13, but I do not like the changes made to the interface in 13.

I submitted a support request to Sony weeks ago and only got an automated message received, no actual reply.

Anyone have any idea of what I can do to get this running?

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 will not load
on Jan 15, 2015 at 2:02:19 pm

Try turning off any security/antivirus software you have running and try launching again.

Are there additional user accounts set up on that computer? Are you logged in as administrator?

Dave

Return to posts index

Derek Courtright
on Jan 15, 2015 at 4:41:38 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I don't have any antivirus software installed. That said, it isn't a malware problem preventing the program from launching. I got a new hard drive and reinstalled windows and all my programs recently. After doing so, Movie Studio 11 has not worked once.

There are no other user accounts, I do have admin privileges.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Jan 15, 2015 at 6:34:42 pm

Try downloading and installing Microsoft .Net 4.0 from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Dave

Return to posts index

Derek Courtright
on Jan 15, 2015 at 7:12:19 pm

During install-

"Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer."

.Net Framework 3.5.1 is required for Movie Studio 11. Windows 7 includes .Net Framework 3.5.1 by default. In control panel, that is a windows feature I can turn on or off. Disabling, restarting and turning that feature back on is supposedly the same as reinstalling it. I have tried that and it didn't help. I did try to launch it with the 3.5.1 framework disabled, hoping to at least see a "this application requires .net framework..." type error message. Not even that will come up.

Also, I should mention that I have tried an older build of Movie Studio 11 that came on the disc. I have tried the newest version available online and the older one with the same result, load icon for a split second, then nothing.

It is tough to troubleshoot without an error message.

Return to posts index

Derek Moran
on Jan 18, 2015 at 1:36:21 pm

Hi Derek

I experienced something similar to this a while back.
I actually had Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 all installed on the same machine. I discovered that updates to my New Blue Fx collection were responsible. The NewBlue installer offers many different options for installing plugins. 32bit, 64bit, OpenFX, etc...

After un-installing and re-installing all different combinations, I realized it was time to let go of the older versions of Movie Studio. Doing this solved the problem. Now I just have V12(64bit) and V13(64bit) installed.

So I would be looking at any third party effects you may have installed. Having 32bit versions and 64bit versions of the same plugin can be problematic from my experience.

Regards
Another Derek :)

Return to posts index

Derek Courtright
on Jan 19, 2015 at 7:54:31 am

Thank you for the response, Derek.

That makes sense, it very well could be a shared plugin issue with other Sony apps, although I haven't installed any aside from ones that install with Movie Studio. It looks like I'll be doing the same as you, and leaving the old version behind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]