FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg slow render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Perez
Mpeg slow render
on Jan 13, 2015 at 11:58:01 pm

I've got a V13 42 min program I'm rendering an Mpeg 2 file for a DVD that is taking 2 and a half hours! What could be causing this?

As always thanks so much to you guys...Johnny In Orlando

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Mpeg slow render
on Jan 14, 2015 at 12:08:30 am

Depending on your CPU and what your render settings are that render time seems normal.

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Jan 14, 2015 at 12:48:36 am

OK, I haven't rendered mpeg in a while. Thx

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jan 14, 2015 at 1:01:12 am

We would all like real time or faster renders but that is just not the case for most things. With the Mainconcept encoders in Vegas 2-4x slower than real time is common even with fast CPUs.

For mpeg-2 in Vegas the video quality slider in the render template can greatly affect encoding speed. Dropping that will increase encoding speed and in many cases you will not see a difference is the result. Only experimentation can determine an optimal speed/quality compromise.

Return to posts index

John Perez
on Jan 14, 2015 at 1:56:54 am

No, Ive got a problem: It takes forever to render 43% then it stalls. The timer keeps ticking, but no more render. When I cancel it, the system seizes up and I have to restart computer to re-open Vegas. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Jan 15, 2015 at 12:37:46 am

In the bottom of the video preview window, the Frame: xx is displayed. The frame number will increment as the video is being encoded. See if you keep freezing up on the same frame number (at 43%). This may give you a clue as to what/where the problem area is. As an example, I have found the use of the Sony Vegas FX "Light Rays" has caused a problem if the FX "Strength" setting goes to 100%. Just moving that down to 99% eliminated the problem.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Sorin Nicu
on Jan 14, 2015 at 1:55:40 am
Last Edited By Sorin Nicu on Jan 14, 2015 at 2:01:28 am

What CPU/GPU do you have? On my system with 6 core Xeon and ATI HD7970 I see some GPU activity during rendering in DVD Architect, and the rendering time is 1:1.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]