FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to rotate generated checkerboard? (Movie Studio 13)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Klee
How to rotate generated checkerboard? (Movie Studio 13)
on Jan 13, 2015 at 4:38:16 pm

I created a checkerboard pattern with the Media Generator. When I apply rotation using the Pan/Crop tool, then the rectangle containing the checkerboard rotates, but not the checker pattern itself. To rotate everything, do I first need to create a sub clip?

Related: I used the Deform FX filter because I want a slightly more "dirty" deformation. However, the deformation shrinks the media in one direction. I would like to zoom it afterwards so that it covers the whole frame, but I don't know how to do that.

Background: I filmed into a microwave oven with open door. Now I want to add the door grill in post. I tried filming through the closed door, but then there were reflections and the inside was hard to see. I didn't want to mess with a polarizer, which probably would not have helped anyhow.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: How to rotate generated checkerboard? (Movie Studio 13)
on Jan 13, 2015 at 5:04:10 pm

[Felix Klee] "I created a checkerboard pattern with the Media Generator."

Did you use the Large Tiles option to do this? You'll need to adjust it to get the correct number of tiles.

"When I apply rotation using the Pan/Crop tool, then the rectangle containing the checkerboard rotates, but not the checker pattern itself"

I have no problem using the Large Tiles option as described above.

"Related: I used the Deform FX filter because I want a slightly more "dirty" deformation. However, the deformation shrinks the media in one direction. I would like to zoom it afterwards so that it covers the whole frame, but I don't know how to do that."

Make sure Deform is before Pan/Crop in the Video Event FX window.

"Background: I filmed into a microwave oven with open door. Now I want to add the door grill in post"

Add the Grate FX (found in the Checkerboard section of the Media Generator tab), lower the Tile Dimensions of the FX as desired and then lower the opacity of the FX to suit your needs.

Return to posts index

Felix Klee
on Jan 13, 2015 at 5:24:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

Actually, I already am using Grate, which is one of the Sony Checkerboard FX presets.

The rotation problem I solved - as described in my other message - by using Track Motion.

Return to posts index

Felix Klee
on Jan 13, 2015 at 5:05:57 pm

The Track Motion tool does the trick. I still don't understand the logic behind Pan/Crop not rotating the pattern.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]