FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas crashing on certain projects

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Blain
Sony Vegas crashing on certain projects
on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:09:45 pm

I've been using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum for about 3 years now and have only had a few problems.

But I've recently purchased a new flashy HD video camera that gives .mts files. I have edited with these clips no problem but for some recent in my recent project it hits about 6 seconds and the preview goes black (music continues) and I can't click anything. If I do I get ''not responding'' appear in my task manager and have to end the session.

I am no ''technical whizz''. I know I am running on Windows XP with a HP workstation that is allegedly build for HD editing and the like.

I have sufficient memory on my computer, it is just the one project. The files are not corrupted.

Any ideas/?

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Sony Vegas crashing on certain projects
on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:42:06 pm
Last Edited By Dave Osbun on Jan 9, 2015 at 8:45:15 pm

You state you have sufficient memory, but it might not be sufficient enough for the new video files you're using. Do you old video camera video files still work fine in the software? If so, then rest assured your computer is not powerful enough to handle the new video files you are trying to use. Quite a few years ago I was using Vegas Pro 8 with no problems, but after buying a new Sony video camera the software would occasionally crash when working with the new video clips. I then upgraded the RAM from 4gb to 8gb and the crashing never came back. Same problem you are having.

It may be a too slow CPU or not enough memory. It might have been built as a video editing workstation many years ago (since you're running Windows XP), but you've basically answered your own question.

The computer is not powerful enough to edit the footage provided by your new video camera.

Dave

Return to posts index

Lucy Blain
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:00:07 pm

But I don't understand as I have edited with these clips before!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:47:25 pm

[Lucy Blain] "But I don't understand as I have edited with these clips before!"
Is it just one file or all of the files? Perhaps one file is corrupt?

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:58:55 pm

I thought you stated that these clips were from a new camera. My bad....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]