FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Save Rendering Template that Matches Project Properties

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Menninger
How to Save Rendering Template that Matches Project Properties
on Jan 9, 2015 at 6:04:54 am

In order to perform smart rendering, I have read, the width, height, frame rate, field order, profile, level, and bit rate of the source media, project settings, and rendering template must match. How do I do this?

When I click project properties, "match properties", and save that template, the saved template is not available as a rendering template.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this, to simply render with the *exact* properties of the source media? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to Save Rendering Template that Matches Project Properties
on Jan 9, 2015 at 6:53:54 am

[Casey Menninger] "When I click project properties, "match properties", and save that template, the saved template is not available as a rendering template."
That's a really good observation you've made. However, once I HAVE matched the Project settings to my media, I open up the Render As option and click on the "Match Project Settings" option and I can view all my exsisting Render Templates that Vegas matches TO my Project Settings - very useful!

Interesting observation you've made and maybe it was agreed a long time ago that Project Settings is such an overall umbrella function that it would be better to have render matching from within Render As? Maybe I've missed the point and that Media - that which comes IN to a Project - is not necessarily that which is then past OUT of the Project through rendering? I'm guessing that that may be the issue here and that it was agreed that again, these two functions had need of separation.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: How to Save Rendering Template that Matches Project Properties
on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:55:58 pm

[Casey Menninger] "In order to perform smart rendering, I have read, the width, height, frame rate, field order, profile, level, and bit rate of the source media, project settings, and rendering template must match."
It's also important to note that this only works for unedited video frames for specific codecs that can be Smart Rendered. Here is the list:
  • DV AVI
  • DV MXF
  • IMX MXF (IMX 24p MXF is not supported for no-recompress rendering)
  • XAVC Intra MXF
  • HD MXF
  • MPEG-2 (for files such as those from HDV and DVD camcorders)
  • Panasonic P2
  • XDCAM EX supports smart rendering across the following formats:
    • SP 18.3 Mbps CBR 1280x720p to/from XDCAM EX and HDV HD-1
    • SP 25 Mbps CBR 1440x1080i to/from XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, and HDV HD-2
    • HQ 35 Mbps VBR 1440x1080 to/from XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD
    • HQ 35 Mbps VBR 1280x720p to/from XDCAM EX
    • HQ 35 Mbps VBR 1920x1080 to/from XDCAM EX
If you are not using one of these formats, you won't get smart rendering to work regardless of rendering template.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]