FORUMS: list search recent posts

Few about dynamic RAM preview

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Cho
Few about dynamic RAM preview
on Jan 8, 2015 at 1:07:17 am

I'm not too good with computers so please bear with me.

After editing a clip in Sony Vegas for a while, it started to lag, even when set to Draft, so I decided to use Dynamic RAM preview as a solution. It worked great, but so great that I started to get suspicious.

Does building a Dynamic RAM preview lower the quality or framerate of the video that's set on the timeline? If I further try to use the clip from that point will it retain a lower quality and such and produce a substandard quality video when it's done actually rendering and finished?

Also, I have 8GB RAM on this computer and I allocated 2GB for the Dynamic RAM preview in Preferences. Is that a reasonable amount and will Sony Vegas continue to utilize that 2GB even after it's not running? I don't run any intensive programs so I was thinking it was fine either way.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Few about dynamic RAM preview
on Jan 8, 2015 at 4:19:09 pm

[Eddie Cho] "Does building a Dynamic RAM preview lower the quality or framerate of the video that's set on the timeline?"
No, it build the frames at the same quality as the preview. If you have the preview set to Good (Full) it will build with that quality. If you have it set to Auto, you may very Full, Half, or Quarter quality so it's best not to use Auto.
[Eddie Cho] "If I further try to use the clip from that point will it retain a lower quality and such and produce a substandard quality video when it's done actually rendering and finished?"
Dynamic RAM Preview is temporary. If you use it again somewhere else it will forget the view preview entirely. If you do anything to the clip like move it or add FX it will forget the preview entirely. If you render immediately after using RAM preview the render will use the preview quality.
[Eddie Cho] "Also, I have 8GB RAM on this computer and I allocated 2GB for the Dynamic RAM preview in Preferences. Is that a reasonable amount and will Sony Vegas continue to utilize that 2GB even after it's not running?"
The memory is only set assign while Vegas Pro is running. It will not be used for anything else in Vegas Pro except for RAM preview.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]