FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking Unused Media

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Estes
Tracking Unused Media
on Jan 5, 2015 at 1:12:23 am

I've been following this forum for a few years now, having a question every now and then and always finding everyone so helpful. I'd like to post a small tip I just figured out to help "pay back" a tiny amount.

I often struggle with keeping track of which events I've used in the timeline, especially as the count gets higher and higher. I did some light searching and couldn't find anything that could help out. I got to looking at the Smart Bins folder in the tree and after a short read found this to work exactly as I want.

Right click on the "All Media" icon at the top of the tree and "Search Media Bins". In the window that pops up change "Field to Search" to "Use Count", change "Condition" to "Less Than" and enter "1" in the "Search For" box. You now have a search that shows all of the unused media. Right Click the search results in the tree and "Save as Smart Bin". You now have a folder that will only contain the media you haven't yet used.

Nothing earth shattering and this might be something that a lot of people do already, but I always get excited when I can figure out stuff on my own and I wanted to share. Thanks to all the help I get on this forum.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Tracking Unused Media
on Jan 5, 2015 at 3:20:23 am

Thanks for sharing that bit Dale. Quite helpful.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 5, 2015 at 4:18:25 am

Dale, yes it\'s a very useful and powerful tool. Do investigate it further and you\'ll see that there are Filters we can apply such as Greater Than and Less Than and many more including nesting filters. ALL are valuable if you have many Media assests that you\'re wanting to sort through.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

James Fox
on Jan 5, 2015 at 7:54:56 am

Thanks a lot! Saw your topic header and thought that, if it is what I think, it might be most useful - and it was :)

Return to posts index

Joseph Tessier
on Jan 5, 2015 at 7:45:27 pm

Thanks, Dale! I've often wondered about how to do this and you've shown me the way!

J. Paul

Win 7 Home Prem x64 VegasPro 13

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]