FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12 & Slideshow (fade in/out)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Fox
Sony Vegas Pro 12 & Slideshow (fade in/out)
on Jan 4, 2015 at 10:44:43 pm

Hi,

my basic knowledge about slideshow in sony vegas pro, is preferences>editing and setting length for multiple added images, as well adding crossfade effect.

But what, if I would like to set each photo just to fade in and out (traditsional fade, which I can add by dragging the top corner of media on timeline). Can I do that automatically to all clips?

Or if I would like to use any transitions, can I add them automatically to all clips ?

Thanks for your attention,
James

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 & Slideshow (fade in/out)
on Jan 5, 2015 at 9:02:42 am

1) You can drag and drop the selected transition at the selected overlapped events (drop it at the overlapping area).

2) Scripts can help you to build slideshow projects. For example, free Timeline Tools, or commercial Vegasaur toolkit

Mercalli V4 SAL+

Return to posts index

James Fox
on Jan 5, 2015 at 4:58:29 pm

I got it as I wanted with Dissolve (Fade Through black) transition, as Chris described here: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/893457

Only difference was, that I did not need to drop the transition to start and end of media, when I dropped it in one of them, for examle when I dragged this transition into the beginning of 1 media amongst many selected with selection tool on timeline, the transition applied in the beginning and end of each image. Chris described dragging the transition into the beginning and end both.

Thanks for the answer, Aleksey!

James

Return to posts index

James Fox
on Jan 5, 2015 at 5:19:48 pm

Aah I did understand now, why I only needed to drag into the end or beginning, my media was overlapped.

When I uncheck the automatical overlapping from properties and drop my media into timeline, my media is not overlapped, but when I select them all and add fade to black transition, my media goes from 4.00 sec to 4.23 sec and gets kinda overlapped, but dissolve works just perfect. When I got some space between my media, then I have to add transition both, in the beginning and end, and media will stay 4.00 sec.

Maybe that's how it supposed to be or thats what Aleksey tried to tell me, my english isnt brilliant, but anyways I got the things working for me and I think its a great way to easily great solid slideshow in Vegas!

James :)

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Jan 6, 2015 at 3:14:19 am

Another great option is:

http://vasst.com/store/creativity-tools/still-motion.aspx

I use the same tool in the Sony Production Assistant 2.0, but this one is a much cheaper option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]