FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring Vegas settings + customized interface & toolbar through different user accounts

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Silva
Transferring Vegas settings + customized interface & toolbar through different user accounts
on Jan 3, 2015 at 10:42:20 pm
Last Edited By Carlos Silva on Jan 3, 2015 at 10:46:36 pm

Hi,

I opened Vegas from a just created user account and none of my settings/interface tweaks & toolbar customization from my other user account have appeared.

Then I copied the following folder content from one user to another:

C:/Users/Cadu/AppData/Roaming/Sony

Among others, there is the subfolder:

C:/Users/Cadu/AppData/Roaming/Sony/Vegas Pro/13.0

Nonetheless, nothing has happened.

Would it be possible to transfer Vegas settings + customized interface & toolbar through different user accounts?

Many thanks,

Cadu

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Transferring Vegas settings + customized interface & toolbar through different user accounts
on Jan 4, 2015 at 5:21:12 am

Hello Cadu,
Try Preset Manager for Vegas the download url is,
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/utilities

It is near the bottom of the page.
As to your custom layouts they will need to be moved manually, I believe although I could be mistaken.
C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Standard Layouts

There was some other stuff but it escapes me right now, perhaps I'll remember later but this should get you started.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Carlos Silva
Re: Transferring Vegas settings + customized interface & toolbar through different user accounts
on Jan 6, 2015 at 3:24:28 pm

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I could achieve the customization transfer through the process described below, which was informed by the Vegasaur support (by the way this is a handy tool for Vegas and the guys there are quite attentions with users!)

"Vegas stores toolbar customizations in the file tbmappings.dat, under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\
You must also copy this registry key (otherwise this doesn't work): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Creative Software\Vegas Pro\13.0\Metrics\Application\B300
Close all copies of the program before you copy the files!"

So I did the following to achieve the transfer:

a) From windows search type 'regedit' (withouth quotes) + Enter.
b) From the regedit left pane navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Creative Software\Vegas Pro\13.0\Metrics\Application
c) Right click on the "Application" folder and "Export". This will create a REG file with the settings (choose where to save in order to be accessible to other user accounts and/or different computer).
d) From the other user account and/or computer just double click the file. The magic is done!

Best,
Carlos

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Jan 7, 2015 at 3:19:44 am

See I told you there was something else I'd forgotten, the registry stuff, yea that was it. Glad you worked it out.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]