FORUMS: list search recent posts

Select an event on a timeline by shortcut?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Andrey Sibiryakov
Select an event on a timeline by shortcut?
on Jan 3, 2015 at 3:24:17 pm
Last Edited By Andrey Sibiryakov on Jan 4, 2015 at 2:11:24 pm

Hello.

If I want to jump forward of backward on a timeline using "]", "[", I'm getting locked to cut edges of the track, where event was selected last time.
I know shift+alt+up hotkey, that switches focus between tracks, but it doesn't do the job I need to.

So, can I select an event on an upper or a lower track from current selected one by shortcut?

Keyboard navigation

Andrey.

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: Select an event on a timeline by shortcut?
on Jan 8, 2015 at 4:12:15 am

I searched forever to find a way to do what your asking and found a viable solution. I use a macro keyboard that allows me to do this in one click...it's a cheat and its involved, but it's effective.

This process requires you to set your Custom keyboard preferences (under options dropdown)
Trackview.Nudge.Up and
Trackview.Nudge.RightByFrames

(add whatever key you want for these...I use U for up and 9 for RightByFrames because that works best for how I edit, but it really doesn't matter which key you use as long as it's not assigned to anything else that you use.)

1. Use ] to go to the end of the clip, then back one frame (ALT+ Left arrow), Split (S),

2. then [ TWICE to back up to the end of the original clip, then 9 (Nudge Right By Frames...this fills in that one frame gap that will be created from where it was split), Then ] to select this new 1 frame split that was made in step 1.

3. (U) to move that 1 frame split up to the next track...(or you can set up a Down key using Trackview.Nudge.Down) Then hit DEL to delete that bogus clip and ] to select the next clip on that track. Here's why it works...

By moving a clip from one track to the next using Trackview.Nudge.Up/Down the new track is automatically selected. So by creating a 1 frame clip at the end of a clip you can move it to whatever track you like and delete it so it no longer exists...but the end result is that you can now select events on that new track using [ and ].

I hope that helps. DavideoN

Return to posts index

Andrey Sibiryakov
on Jan 8, 2015 at 7:46:37 am

Hello DavideoN.

Thank you for this research.
It worked for me and this is exactly what I need.
I've created a macro in AutoHotKey.

#Numpad1::
Send ]!{Left}s
Sleep 200
Send [[{Numpad3}]{Numpad2}!+{Down}{Del}!{Right}
Return

Andrey

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Jan 8, 2015 at 4:18:21 pm

Awesome! I'm not familiar with autohotkey and don't understand the code that you wrote but I'm glad it works for you!! HA! Nice work!

DavidEon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]