FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony architect Bluray MP4

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Brennan
Sony architect Bluray MP4
on Dec 29, 2014 at 1:57:26 pm

I burn my bluray wedding videos to MP4, then create a menu in Sony architect but when I go burn it, it converts it MPEG2 which looses the quality I had in the MP4. Anyone know how to burn a bluray in Sony arch pro6 MP4 and keep it in an MP4 format?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony architect Bluray MP4
on Dec 30, 2014 at 5:18:53 am

MP4 is mostly a Deilvery format. It is mostly a highly compressed lossy format. What you are doing is using a delivery/INTERNET format as the source for yet another lossy/DVD format. Please read this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14 and understand just what you are doing.

Here's the thing: Just because you can see excellent playing quality in ONE format ( here that's the MP4 format) does NOT mean that that SAME format is suitable for ongoing preparation (DVDA) for another delivery FORMAT.

Bottom line? You're recompressing and already highly compressed, lossy delivery FORMAT into yet another compressed delivery format.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Joe Brennan
on Dec 30, 2014 at 12:36:30 pm

Thanks Graham, perhaps you can tell me the best way of doing it. My raw footage is in AVCHD .MTS format. I need to render after editing, then create a menu in Sony Architect and create the Blu-ray. So what format should I render it in? I am guessing MPEG2 since the final burn is in MPEG2 format( only one offered by Architect). Also, can you recommend a good program to create Bluray menus. I have Power Producer6 but it does not allow me to change menu backgrounds and other things. I guess I'm looking for a good program that allows me to create menues that I can change according to the event. I find architect time consuming and a bit to complicated for me.

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Dec 30, 2014 at 4:51:19 pm

[Joe Brennan] "I guess I'm looking for a good program that allows me to create menues that I can change according to the event. I find architect time consuming and a bit to complicated for me."
All you need to do is take any image and drag and drop it on the menu and it becomes the background. It doesn't get easier than that. IMHO, DVD Architect is probably the simplest program for making DVD's and Blu-rays that exists. I doubt you'll find something easier to use.

Also DVD Architect accepts the renders from Vegas Pro Sony AVC and MainConcept MPEG2. Not all software will do this. Your best bet is to stuck with using all Sony software so that it's compatible.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Dec 30, 2014 at 2:49:25 pm

[Joe Brennan] "I burn my bluray wedding videos to MP4, then create a menu in Sony architect but when I go burn it, it converts it MPEG2 which looses the quality I had in the MP4."
If you want to create a Blu-ray you should render with one of the Blu-ray settings, not just any arbitrary MP4 setting. Use Sony AVC with one of the Blu-ray templates instead. Then DVD Architect Pro will simply use your rendered file and not change it.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 30, 2014 at 5:11:46 pm

That workflow from Vegas to DVDA is lickety-split quick!

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]