FORUMS: list search recent posts

Real motion tracking with 3d text in vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Junior Baez
Real motion tracking with 3d text in vegas?
on Dec 29, 2014 at 1:17:01 pm

Greetings forum, after years of finding the best answers here, I finally decided to create an account.

I am an amateur film maker, and i focus on automotive related media, so.. I was checking around and learning some motion tracking, I found out some tutorials, Mr. Rofrano's tutorial using the borisFX BCC match move made me to go for it without hesitation.

but there is something I cant get, it is possible to track motion a real 3d text (with the rotation and perspective) on vegas?

Further researching sent me to a software called mocha pro (where I can export motion tracking to vegas via borisFX).

I tried without success to perform a good 3d text motion tracking so I lost my faith to archieve it by myself.

If you are wondering what kind of track motion of 3d text I am trying to reach, I will leave this youtube link:

just imagine a 3d text over the car's roof, and the car moves around, It would be pretty sweet to see the 3d text rotating and matching the perspective and everything.

now I am not sure if there is a way to do this using vegas at all.

Thanks in advance.

pd: sorry for my bad english.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Real motion tracking with 3d text in vegas?
on Dec 30, 2014 at 7:01:43 am
Last Edited By Aleksey Tarasov on Dec 30, 2014 at 7:03:54 am

> "it is possible to track motion a real 3d text (with the rotation and perspective) on vegas?"

Not in Vegas. BCC & Mocha provide only 2D tracking.
For true 3D tracking you need more advanced tools, like Cinema 4D or Syntheyes

Sony Vegas Intro Templates

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
Re: al motion tracking with 3d text in vegas?
on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:16:58 am

Use afterr effects or hitfilm for that. Track a car in 2d, choose a point which is visible for all the time you need. Attache your text to the data of the tracking. In the end manually add Z axis movement and the rotation of the text. I guess thats more or less all you can do about that.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: al motion tracking with 3d text in vegas?
on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:14:26 pm

Mocha Pro can track Position, Zoom, and Perspective. This will make the text turn with the object but I'm not sure if it will track and object doing 360 degree turns like in your car video.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

JF Baez
on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:30:27 pm

Thanks you all for your input and feedback.

Mr Rofrano is right, mocha can do some track and it does some perspective work, but to do a full 3D rotation without looking weird is not possible (at least for me, in my novice level of mocha user -started learning few days ago).

I was thinking in a more dedicated tool like cinema4d, or hitfilm (I have never used or had both software, I want to try after effects but I want to master vegas a little bit more before doing the jump from vegas to AE).

At least, I know I can do some good 2D "3D" objects on vegas using mocha and vegas itself (and BCC plugings).

I already try my first time and I just attached a screenshot about the outcome.

Now I will focus to get better with the tools I already have in hand (vegas,bcc,mocha) and later I will try to get cinema4D, Hitfilm and AE.

I love this forum, I hope to help people with my knowledge just like all you do.

Best regards from Dominican Republic my friends.

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Jan 2, 2015 at 7:36:24 pm

mocha Pro, mocha plus and mocha HitFilm all have a 3D camera solve module, but is more used for tracking a static object in a moving camera scene. That said, many mocha users do this kind of work by tracking the motion with 2D planar tracking and faking the 3D .

For accurately 3D tracking a moving object, you may want to look into dedicated tool like Syntheyess or PFTrack.

Either way, your issue is that Sony Vegas is not a 3D compositor. You will want to composite the graphic in true 3D space with a dedicated 3D compositing system like After Effects, HitFilm, Fusion, Nuke etc.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]