FORUMS: list search recent posts

quicktime problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Minske
quicktime problems
on Dec 19, 2014 at 6:42:50 pm

Searched the previous post regarding issues with quicktime and vegas pro not opening them. Have vegas 10e and cant see video hear audio. Tried renaming ext. to mp4 didnt work. Tried various versions of quicktime didnt work. I know I can convert to mp4 files and import but want to avoid this step if possible.

I should mention that I could view mov files on my old laptop and same version of vegas. The only difference now is I'm using windows 8.1 and that os was win. 7. These mov. files are from a iphone (6 plus) and i can view them on this computer outside of Vegas. Any suggestion or do I have to go back to converting everything to another format. Would upgrading to vegas 13 help?

Return to posts index

Mike Minske
Re: quicktime problems
on Dec 19, 2014 at 7:20:06 pm

Got this issue resolved by uninstalling the quicktime player, installing 7.1.6, which didn't work with or outside of vegas, then updating from the about quicktime to latest version and bingo. Funny thing is that I had installed the latest version before and it didn't work so I don't know why it's working now but I'll take it.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Dec 19, 2014 at 7:23:02 pm

Mike, that has to be one of the strangest solutions I have ever read on here :)
Glad to hear that you got it working. This may help someone in the future so thanks for sharing it with us.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 19, 2014 at 7:31:07 pm

Strange solution indeed, cant explain that one, but it works for you.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]