FORUMS: list search recent posts

Move or delete paging file?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gregory
Move or delete paging file?
on Dec 12, 2014 at 7:44:25 am

I have a question about the paging file. My 'c' drive is an SSD. I had been trying to keep this this just for programs & have music,pictures videos etc on other drives.

I notice that the paging file is on 'C' drive & now over 12 GB. Should I move,delete it allow Windows to manage it? My system is a i7 920 with 12 GB ram.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Move or delete paging file?
on Dec 12, 2014 at 3:09:30 pm

I do not have a paging file on an SSD because of the potential for errors if there is too much write activity on an SSD. I use the manual option to set up paging files on my hard drives.

Return to posts index

Paul Gregory
on Dec 13, 2014 at 1:53:07 am

I tried changing settings to no paging file & got this message.

'If you disable the paging file or set it to less than 800 MB & a system error occurs Windows might not record details that could identify the problem . Do you wish to proceed.'

Did you just ignore message, or were you able to put the file on another drive or partition. If so how did you do that?

Or did you just realize that many Windows messages are just meaningless. I can't recall how many times Windows says you have a problem & was going to check for a solution & not once has it ever returned a result.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Dec 13, 2014 at 9:56:08 pm

I set up a paging file on one of the normal hard drives first. I make sure that the new paging file is above the minimum that Windows recommends. Then I disable the file on the SSD drive. If Windows gives me that message, I ignore it because another paging file is already in place. I don't think the changes are actually made until Windows reboots.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]